Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pro Traditional Chef's Knife, 8"
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
When it comes to choosing a kitchen multitasker, culinary professionals reach for a hardworking chef's knife like this one. Featuring a strong, broad blade of high-carbon stainless steel with a fine cutting edge, this durable knife is ideal for efficient chopping, slicing and dicing. Designed by architect Matteo Thun, the special arched bolster promotes a perfect thumb grip for the ultimate precision, comfort and safety.
- Precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process, which incorporates the Fridour ice-hardening technique to produce corrosion-resistant blades that are exceptionally hard yet flexible.
- Precise lasers ensure each blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Arched bolster perfectly supports the thumb—and allows the full length of the edge to be sharpened, from tip to end.
- Contoured for a secure, comfortable grip, the sleek ABS resin handle is triple-riveted to the blade.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels since 1731.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle.
- 12.8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by xcrmov from Awesome! Just need a 10in version. The geometry of the traditional chef's knife doesn't need to be tampered with. I much prefer the traditional shape to the rest of the Pro line.The blade has a strong distal taper and gets pretty thin behind the edge (compared other Zwilling knives). It glides through food much better than my Zwilling 4 star.The edge is 15° per side, which is ideal for a chef’s knife. This achieves a good balance between sharpness, edge retention and durability. The edge is also well finished, very sharp out of the box. Zwilling’s Friodur steel provides a good balance of hardness, toughness, ease of sharpening and corrosion resistance. The stand out feature of this knife is the curved bolster. The knife is very comfortable to pinch grip, the handle is extremely comfortable. Balance is right at the bolster and the overall handling is perfect. This has quickly become my favorite 8in chef’s knife. If Zwilling would make a Traditional Pro 10in chef’s knife, I'd buy it without hesitation.Date published: 2016-08-10Rated 5 out of 5 by CMCM49 from Impressive Knife! The deciding factor in my choice of this particular 8" chef's knife was the arched bolster….for my woman's hand, it allowed the perfect pinch grip and overall, this knife is very comfortable to use. What a fabulous blade on it! I love the overall size, weight and balance of this beautiful knife, and I've found that I greatly prefer it to my older 6" chef's (which I will no longer be using). I prefer a solid knife with good weight and this one felt quite noticeably heftier from the others I tested and considered, including a couple of very nice Wusthof's. This knife is fast becoming the one I reach for the most! I appreciated the current promotional price.Date published: 2015-07-17