Zwilling J.A. Henckels Pro Traditional Chef's Knife, 8"
- Special Offer
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
When it comes to choosing a kitchen multitasker, culinary professionals reach for a hardworking chef's knife like this one. Featuring a strong, broad blade of high-carbon stainless steel with a fine cutting edge, this durable knife is ideal for efficient chopping, slicing and dicing. Designed by architect Matteo Thun, the special arched bolster promotes a perfect thumb grip for the ultimate precision, comfort and safety.
- Precision forged using Zwilling’s Sigmaforge process, which incorporates the Fridour ice-hardening technique to produce corrosion-resistant blades that are exceptionally hard yet flexible.
- Precise lasers ensure each blade’s edge is at the optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Arched bolster perfectly supports the thumb—and allows the full length of the edge to be sharpened, from tip to end.
- Contoured for a secure, comfortable grip, the sleek ABS resin handle is triple-riveted to the blade.
- Made in Germany by Zwilling J.A. Henckels since 1731.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle.
- 12.8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by xcrmov from Awesome! Just need a 10in version. The geometry of the traditional chef's knife doesn't need to be tampered with. I much prefer the traditional shape to the rest of the Pro line.The blade has a strong distal taper and gets pretty thin behind the edge (compared other Zwilling knives). It glides through food much better than my Zwilling 4 star.The edge is 15° per side, which is ideal for a chef’s knife. This achieves a good balance between sharpness, edge retention and durability. The edge is also well finished, very sharp out of the box. Zwilling’s Friodur steel provides a good balance of hardness, toughness, ease of sharpening and corrosion resistance. The stand out feature of this knife is the curved bolster. The knife is very comfortable to pinch grip, the handle is extremely comfortable. Balance is right at the bolster and the overall handling is perfect. This has quickly become my favorite 8in chef’s knife. If Zwilling would make a Traditional Pro 10in chef’s knife, I'd buy it without hesitation.Date published: 2016-08-10Rated 5 out of 5 by CMCM49 from Impressive Knife! The deciding factor in my choice of this particular 8" chef's knife was the arched bolster….for my woman's hand, it allowed the perfect pinch grip and overall, this knife is very comfortable to use. What a fabulous blade on it! I love the overall size, weight and balance of this beautiful knife, and I've found that I greatly prefer it to my older 6" chef's (which I will no longer be using). I prefer a solid knife with good weight and this one felt quite noticeably heftier from the others I tested and considered, including a couple of very nice Wusthof's. This knife is fast becoming the one I reach for the most! I appreciated the current promotional price.Date published: 2015-07-17