Wüsthof Pro Chef's Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Designed for the tough day-to-day demands of the commercial kitchen, the Wüsthof Pro line offers a smart value for home cooks. This collection features high-carbon German steel blades and a unique handle built with an inner core for stability, a nonslip grip and an ergonomic shape that stays comfortable even during extended tasks.
- Chef's knife is one of the most indispensable, versatile knives in the kitchen for all-purpose chopping, dicing and slicing.
- Precision-stamped, high-carbon stainless-steel blade sharpens easily and offers outstanding edge retention.
- Unique two-stage handle features two high-performance synthetic materials: an inner core for enhanced stability during prolonged use and an outer slip-resistant shell.
- Handle is ergonomically shaped for comfort.
- NSF certified to meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Made in Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade, 7"-long handle; 8 oz.
- 10" Chef's Knife: 10"-long blade, 7"-long handle; 8 oz.
- 12" Chef's Knife: 12"-long blade, 7"-long handle; 8 oz
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
Rated 5 out of 5 by lindsey from The perfect knife! Slices through tough items like butter. Easy to handle, clean, and has a nice feeling in hand. I am looking forward to buying more sizes.Date published: 2018-01-26Rated 5 out of 5 by Flos from Love this knife Love this knife, easy to handle. Would like to have a shorter one of same design to add to my collection. Very sharp . Didn't realize that I already had this size, but keeping it anyway. having Two is okay with me.Date published: 2016-07-20Rated 5 out of 5 by techie from Excellent budget knife, like the Victorinox I have the 8-inch version. This knife is fully equal to the celebrated Victorinox Forschner chef's knife. It is made from the same X50 CrMoV15 steel as Wusthof's Classic forged knives. It is a mid-range steel optimized for not rusting over holding an edge. The blade has a bigger belly than the forged Wusthof or the Victorinox. That makes it easier to do rocking cuts, but a bit harder to use the tip. It came extremely sharp - a bit less sharp than the Victorinox when new, but still able to shave hairs. Edge holding is not great but it's easy to touch up with a ceramic stick. I didn't like the handle at first. It is radically styled and has a firm core covered with a rubbery-feeling material that is almost sticky. But when I actually started using the knife the combination of a very sharp blade and the absolute immobility of the grip in my hand made it feel extremely precise. Overall I like this knife a lot. I wish someone would make a similar knife in a better steel.Date published: 2015-02-07Rated 5 out of 5 by Samthereviewer from Best 12" chef's knife - irresistible price WusthofPro 12 inch Chef's Knife is very affordable at less than $60 price. I have many expensive knives and have tried them all, but WusthofPro 12" tops them all. I know from experience that you can buy a comparable knife for several hundreds of dollars and yet this one at less than $60 is as sharp and as easy to use. I have personally purchased several and hopefully will gift them to friends, that is if I convince myself to give them up, they are so beautiful.Date published: 2015-02-04