Wüsthof Pro Chef's Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through July 22. Learn More
Designed for the tough day-to-day demands of the commercial kitchen, the Wüsthof Pro line offers a smart value for home cooks. This collection features high-carbon German steel blades and a unique handle built with an inner core for stability, a nonslip grip and an ergonomic shape that stays comfortable even during extended tasks.
- Chef's knife is one of the most indispensable, versatile knives in the kitchen for all-purpose chopping, dicing and slicing.
- Precision-stamped, high-carbon stainless-steel blade sharpens easily and offers outstanding edge retention.
- Unique two-stage handle features two high-performance synthetic materials: an inner core for enhanced stability during prolonged use and an outer slip-resistant shell.
- Handle is ergonomically shaped for comfort.
- NSF certified to meet the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- Made in Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8" Chef's Knife: 8"-long blade, 7"-long handle; 8 oz.
- 10" Chef's Knife: 10"-long blade, 7"-long handle; 8 oz.
- 12" Chef's Knife: 12"-long blade, 7"-long handle; 8 oz
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by lindsey from The perfect knife! Slices through tough items like butter. Easy to handle, clean, and has a nice feeling in hand. I am looking forward to buying more sizes.Date published: 2018-01-26Rated 5 out of 5 by Flos from Love this knife Love this knife, easy to handle. Would like to have a shorter one of same design to add to my collection. Very sharp . Didn't realize that I already had this size, but keeping it anyway. having Two is okay with me.Date published: 2016-07-20Rated 5 out of 5 by techie from Excellent budget knife, like the Victorinox I have the 8-inch version. This knife is fully equal to the celebrated Victorinox Forschner chef's knife. It is made from the same X50 CrMoV15 steel as Wusthof's Classic forged knives. It is a mid-range steel optimized for not rusting over holding an edge. The blade has a bigger belly than the forged Wusthof or the Victorinox. That makes it easier to do rocking cuts, but a bit harder to use the tip. It came extremely sharp - a bit less sharp than the Victorinox when new, but still able to shave hairs. Edge holding is not great but it's easy to touch up with a ceramic stick. I didn't like the handle at first. It is radically styled and has a firm core covered with a rubbery-feeling material that is almost sticky. But when I actually started using the knife the combination of a very sharp blade and the absolute immobility of the grip in my hand made it feel extremely precise. Overall I like this knife a lot. I wish someone would make a similar knife in a better steel.Date published: 2015-02-07Rated 5 out of 5 by Samthereviewer from Best 12" chef's knife - irresistible price WusthofPro 12 inch Chef's Knife is very affordable at less than $60 price. I have many expensive knives and have tried them all, but WusthofPro 12" tops them all. I know from experience that you can buy a comparable knife for several hundreds of dollars and yet this one at less than $60 is as sharp and as easy to use. I have personally purchased several and hopefully will gift them to friends, that is if I convince myself to give them up, they are so beautiful.Date published: 2015-02-04