Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood 7" Hollow-Edge Santoku with Care Kit
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Crafted in Germany, this Japanese-style knife can perform as both a chef's knife and a cleaver. Its high-carbon-steel blade has oval indentations that prevent foods from sticking while mincing and slicing. A care kit for the polished African blackwood handle is included.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Blade has hollow-edge depressions to minimize sticking.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Comfortable contoured handle is cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Included care kit contains mineral oil for maintaining the silken finish of the handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 7"-long blade.
- 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 6.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by cutitout from holds an edge for a long time I've been using one of these knives almost every day for 9 months. This steel and heat treat hold an edge for a long time. I strop once a week. I only have to sharpen once a month. This knife is still razor sharp. I do have some feedback. It would be nice if the spine was rounded a bit. The squared off spine can be a little ruff at times.Date published: 2014-01-17Rated 5 out of 5 by ChefC from Fantastic Knife, Perfect for Home and Professional use This Knife is an excellent example of the fine cutlery produced by Wusthof. It has an amazing edge with the ability to easily slice through whatever you put in front of it. Without a bolster, it is easier to hold and use in my opinion. I would definitely look into this knife if you are looking to purchase a knife for both home and for work.Date published: 2013-06-11