Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood Chef’s Knife with Care Kit
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Wüsthof's signature chef's knife deftly slices, dices and juliennes. Forged in the renowned cutlery center of Solingen, Germany, the high-carbon-steel blade tapers from handle to tip and from spine to edge. A care kit for the African blackwood handle is included.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Comfortable contoured handle is cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Included care kit contains mineral oil for maintaining the silken finish of the handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 8.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Zach from Luxurious Efficiency! If you are looking to treat yourself to a top quality chef's knife, I highly recommend this one. The knife feels luxurious and very well balanced. The blade is sharp and easy to maintain. The handle offers superb ergonomics and a good grip. The blackwood handle is beautiful and functional. The fit and finish is second to none. This is the last chef knife that I will buy!Date published: 2018-06-12