Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood 5-Piece Knife Block Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
With its beautifully finished wooden handles, Wüsthof’s Ikon Blackwood series combines exceptional workmanship and an aesthetically striking design. This well-balanced set of essential kitchen knives features long-lasting high-carbon-steel blades. Full-tang construction and double bolsters guarantee peerless balance and stability.
- This set contains three kitchen knives essential for everyday cooking, plus kitchen shears and a storage block.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Full tangs are triple-riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Each knife has a recessed bolster that facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Comfortable contoured handles are cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Handsome walnut storage block safely stores three knives plus shears and is gentle on knives’ edges.
- Knives made in Germany; Storage block made in China.
5-Piece set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 4.5" utility knife.
- 6" chef’s knife.
- Kitchen shears.
- 4-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 4 1/2" utility knife: 4 1/2”-long blade; 4 1/2”-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 6" chef’s knife: 6”-long blade; 5”-long handle; 5.8 oz.
- Kitchen shears: 8" long overall; 8 oz.
- 4-slot storage block.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Rub mineral oil on the wood handle, as needed, to keep it from drying out.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ronmccranie from Best Knives I have ever owned I've had these knives for 18 months now and they stayed sharp for a while. Easy to clean and well balanced.Date published: 2017-03-16