Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood 20-Piece Knife Block Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Featuring our exclusive handles crafted from African blackwood, this comprehensive knife collection combines superb German craftsmanship and striking design. A razor-sharp full-tang blade runs the entire length of each knife for stability. Steel double bolsters add an attractive finishing detail.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Full tangs are triple riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Each knife has a recessed bolster that facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Comfortable contoured handles are cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Included care kit contains mineral oil for maintaining the silken finish of the handles.
- Coordinating hardwood block safely stores 17 items and is gentle on knives’ edges.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
20-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 5" hollow-ground santoku knife
- 5" serrated utility knife.
- 5" boning knife.
- 6" and 8" chef’s knives.
- 8" bread knife.
- 8" hollow-ground carving knife.
- Eight 4 1/2" steak knives.
- Pull-apart kitchen shears.
- 10" honing steel.
- 22-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 4.25 oz.
- 5" hollow-ground santoku: 5"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 5" serrated utility knife: 5"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.8 oz.
- 5" boning knife: 5"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 4.5 oz.
- 6" chef’s knife: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5.8 oz.
- 8" bread knife: 8"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 8" hollow-ground carving knife: 8"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.3 oz.
- 8" chef’s knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 9.3 oz.
- 4 1/2" steak knife: 4 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- Kitchen shears: 8" long overall; 3.8 oz.
- 10" honing steel: 10"-long rod; 4 3/4"-long handle; 10 oz.
- Storage block: 5 1/2" x 12" x 8 1/2" high.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
Rated 1 out of 5 by DanV from I don't understand the bad quality control My first set of Classic Ikons was taken back by Wusthof due to "soft steel". My second set of Blackwood Ikons had 9 bad knives out of 16. First set got stains on the stainless steel after cutting one onion and washing the knife 10 minutes later. Second set of Blackwood Ikons had epoxy missing between the wood and tang, burrs on the blades, and significant imperfections in finish. See photos. Completely unacceptable.Date published: 2012-12-22Rated 5 out of 5 by Sparky7 from Amazing Knives I splurged and bought these knives. I have been looking for a good set of knives for the last 6 months and found this set on clearance at my local store. I love these knives!!! The weight, the feel, the ease in which I can cut everything, and most of all the beautiful design and look of them. I could not be happier and I highly recommend this set.Date published: 2012-08-21Rated 5 out of 5 by ThomasA from Very sharp, well balanced knives. High quality knife set. Great utility, balance and easy to use. Extremely sharp right out of the box.Date published: 2012-08-02Rated 4 out of 5 by Qball from The knives are fantastic but... This would have received 5 stars, as the knives are beautiful, well-made and balanced and the Blackwood is exquisite. The block, however, is a different story. It is poorly and unevenly stained and has a hairline crack across the front. Considering the money invested in these knives, I expected better. Honestly, my dog could have done a better job with staining and craftsmanship. I would have returned it to exchange for another, but didn't want to risk damaging the knives or having to return it all and wait again, as they had been on backorder. But the knives? I *love* them!Date published: 2012-01-18