Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood 20-Piece Knife Block Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Featuring our exclusive handles crafted from African blackwood, this comprehensive knife collection combines superb German craftsmanship and striking design. A razor-sharp full-tang blade runs the entire length of each knife for stability. Steel double bolsters add an attractive finishing detail.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Full tangs are triple riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Each knife has a recessed bolster that facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Comfortable contoured handles are cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Included care kit contains mineral oil for maintaining the silken finish of the handles.
- Coordinating hardwood block safely stores 17 items and is gentle on knives’ edges.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
20-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 5" hollow-ground santoku knife
- 5" serrated utility knife.
- 5" boning knife.
- 6" and 8" chef’s knives.
- 8" bread knife.
- 8" hollow-ground carving knife.
- Eight 4 1/2" steak knives.
- Pull-apart kitchen shears.
- 10" honing steel.
- 22-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 4.25 oz.
- 5" hollow-ground santoku: 5"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 5" serrated utility knife: 5"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.8 oz.
- 5" boning knife: 5"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 4.5 oz.
- 6" chef’s knife: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5.8 oz.
- 8" bread knife: 8"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 8" hollow-ground carving knife: 8"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.3 oz.
- 8" chef’s knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 9.3 oz.
- 4 1/2" steak knife: 4 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- Kitchen shears: 8" long overall; 3.8 oz.
- 10" honing steel: 10"-long rod; 4 3/4"-long handle; 10 oz.
- Storage block: 5 1/2" x 12" x 8 1/2" high.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 1 out of 5 by DanV from I don't understand the bad quality control My first set of Classic Ikons was taken back by Wusthof due to "soft steel". My second set of Blackwood Ikons had 9 bad knives out of 16. First set got stains on the stainless steel after cutting one onion and washing the knife 10 minutes later. Second set of Blackwood Ikons had epoxy missing between the wood and tang, burrs on the blades, and significant imperfections in finish. See photos. Completely unacceptable.Date published: 2012-12-22Rated 5 out of 5 by Sparky7 from Amazing Knives I splurged and bought these knives. I have been looking for a good set of knives for the last 6 months and found this set on clearance at my local store. I love these knives!!! The weight, the feel, the ease in which I can cut everything, and most of all the beautiful design and look of them. I could not be happier and I highly recommend this set.Date published: 2012-08-21Rated 5 out of 5 by ThomasA from Very sharp, well balanced knives. High quality knife set. Great utility, balance and easy to use. Extremely sharp right out of the box.Date published: 2012-08-02Rated 4 out of 5 by Qball from The knives are fantastic but... This would have received 5 stars, as the knives are beautiful, well-made and balanced and the Blackwood is exquisite. The block, however, is a different story. It is poorly and unevenly stained and has a hairline crack across the front. Considering the money invested in these knives, I expected better. Honestly, my dog could have done a better job with staining and craftsmanship. I would have returned it to exchange for another, but didn't want to risk damaging the knives or having to return it all and wait again, as they had been on backorder. But the knives? I *love* them!Date published: 2012-01-18