Wüsthof Ikon Blackwood 10" Honing Steel with Care Kit
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
A good honing steel is essential for keeping knives sharp and at the ready. This durable German-made version is crafted of high-carbon steel that is triple riveted to a finely grained, moisture-resistant African blackwood handle. A care kit for the handle is included.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most knife blades between sharpenings; do not use on serrated blades.
- Precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Comfortable contoured handle is cut from dense African blackwood and hand polished.
- Included care kit contains mineral oil for maintaining the silken finish of the handle.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10"-long rod.
- 5"-long handle.
- 9.3 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
- Rub mineral oil on the wood handle as needed, to prevent it from drying out.
Next Day Delivery