Wüsthof Grand Prix II Cleaver
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
This heavy German cleaver is designed to cut through bone, perfect for breaking down larger cuts of meat as well as for chopping and mincing tough vegetables.Forged in Germany from a specially formulated alloy, the blade is balanced with a heavy bolster and a tang that extends far into the handle.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wusthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) creates an extraordinarily sharp blade that retains its edge 30% longer.
- Tang extends deep into the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Heavy bolster provides perfect balance.
- Pebbled polypropylene handle is contoured for a secure grip.
- 6" cleaver: 6"-long blade.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 1 out of 5 by VIKINGREF from Make this in the Ikon I am not a fan of the Grand Prix because when I got my first home, I was gravitated towards the Wusthof Ikons with much help from my mom and sisters. This is the only reason why I dont care for this cleaver. If it was an Ikon i'd get it in a heartbeat. My mom and sisters visits my kitchen a lot. In my apartment I can hear things like "I am not used to your tools" or "oh your knives feel awkward in my hand"...etc etc I would rather hear "oh, i just love this knife - it is exactly what I have, I think I gave you this right?.."Date published: 2015-04-16Rated 5 out of 5 by FarmerMatty from Great Tool I have used this knife for over three years now, and I love it. I've used it for butchering everything from a rabbits and suckling pig up to deer and full-sized goats, and it performs very well. It has the weight to work through tough joints, and can get through bone when it has to. The edge is nicely ground and has only required touch-up sharpening so far... I'm sure the massive thickness and convex grind have a lot to do with this durability. It has a weight-forward feel, but the handle is comfortable enough to choke up on it when you need to do more accurate work. All in all it's an excellent tool, and one that I am proud to own!!Date published: 2014-06-13