Wüsthof Gourmet Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
In its seventh-generation of family ownership, Wüsthof has been making some of the finest kitchen cutlery in the world since 1814. The Gourmet line features precision stainless-steel blades that resist stains and rust and hold an exceedingly sharp edge. The santoku blade is based on a traditional Asian design that combines the benefits of a chef's knife and cleaver. It’s ideal for slicing, dicing and mincing.
- The santoku knife’s signature “sheep’s foot” tip allows for a more linear edge from heel to tip than a typical chef’s knife and the indentations along the side of the blade reduce sticking. It’s ideal for slicing, dicing and mincing.
- Stamped blade is made of high-carbon stainless steel for top performance and durability.
- Triple-riveted high-impact plastic handle provides a secure, comfortable grip.
- Made in Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" knife: 5"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 3 oz.
- 7" knife: 7"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Riverrat13s from Wusthof Hollow Edge Santoku Love love love this knife! Use it for everything! The ripples help reduce food from sticking. Cuts thru large potatoes like a dream, super sharp!Date published: 2016-11-12Rated 5 out of 5 by JenniferMK from Wüsthof knife I've had my Wüsthof knife for almost 10 years. It was a present from my mother in law. Every time I use it, I call her to thank her. It's my perfect, go to, knife for everything. My only complaint is it won't last forever. I'm slowly sharpening it away. ☹️☹️ But getting a new one is a no brainer... It will last another decade!Date published: 2016-10-26Rated 5 out of 5 by vegas from Great knife for every cook My daughter had this knife and when I was babysitting and fixing dinner I had the opportunity to use this knife and I was so comfortable with it and amazed on how easy and efficient it was. Every cook should have one.Date published: 2014-11-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Nleejr from Great knife! Was told that the Wusthof Santoku Knife was worth the money. Was told correctly. Amazing the diffreence between "regular" knife you buy in a department store as opposed to paying a little extra for quality. Definitely worth it!Date published: 2014-10-20Rated 5 out of 5 by LMBB from Great Knife I have a similar knife but it always seemed to be dirty when I'm in the midst of a cooking whirlwind. I had a gift card burning a hole in my pocket and then this beauty went on super sale so I purchased it. It's not very heavy but it is comfortable to use and is super sharp. I think it will be a useful tool for many years to come.Date published: 2014-07-03Rated 5 out of 5 by tomthearcher from Sanoku knife Hi, the knife is great! Very sharp and comfortable to use. The size is perfect for a lot of different usage's. I use it all the time. Thank you.Date published: 2014-05-27