Wüsthof Gourmet Chef's Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
In its seventh-generation of family ownership, Wüsthof has been making some of the finest kitchen cutlery in the world since 1814. The Gourmet line features precision stainless-steel blades that resist stains and rust and hold an exceedingly sharp edge.
- Maybe the most used knife in the kitchen, the chef’s knife is a versatile chopper, mincer and slicer.
- Stamped blade is made of high-carbon stainless steel for top performance and durability.
- Triple-riveted high-impact plastic handle provides a secure, comfortable grip.
- Made in Solingen, Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" chef’s knife: 5"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.6 oz.
- 6" chef’s knife: 6"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 5.25 oz.
- 8" chef’s knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 6.25 oz.
- 9" chef’s knife: 9"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 8 oz.
- 10" chef’s knife: 10"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 8 oz.
- 5" chef’s knife: 5"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.6 oz.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Joanne1949marie from Best knife This is one of the best knives I have bought. I am slowly buying the whole set of the Wusthof Gourmet Knives.Date published: 2016-11-05Rated 5 out of 5 by RedPill from Well balanced knifes for the serious chef These knives are solid and on the lighter side with quick action. Easy to maintain, keep clean and they sharpen nicely. These are the best knives for everyday serious chefs, reasonably priced with a lifetime warranty. I've been a series cook/chef for close to 25 years now and these are my goto knives, you really appreciate them after cooking large meals all day, a heavier knife makes your wrist sore and wears on you. Bonus for this knife in particular it's perfect for removing avocado cores since the blade goes all the way to the handle.Date published: 2015-11-25Rated 1 out of 5 by Globall from Not up to Wusthof standards I thought I was ordering Wusthof Classic. The "Gourmet" series does not have the stainless steel running though the handle to give the knife the heft, weight, and balance of my Wusthof Classic knives. I am returning this Chef's Knife.Date published: 2013-05-21Rated 1 out of 5 by Ironangel45 from Wal- Mart Faberware knives cut almost as good Received this knife as a valentines day gift and while grateful for the thought, this knife has me wishing for a different gift. Seventy dollars for a knife that struggles wwith raw chicken and tomatoes seems a bit extreme. The knife is poorly weighted, seems cheaply made and should not feel dull after two mild uses but it does. German made product are normally amazing. this knife however seems to carry a german name with cheap chinese craftsmanship. SAVE YOUR MONEY ON THIS PIECE OF JUNK!!!!!!!!!!Date published: 2013-03-05Rated 5 out of 5 by momtwotwins from what do you expect Great knife. Perfect size, I use it daily....................................................Date published: 2013-01-30