Wüsthof Gourmet 7-Piece Knife Block Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
In its seventh-generation of family ownership, Wüsthof has been making some of the finest kitchen cutlery in the world since 1814. The Gourmet line features precision stainless-steel blades that resist stains and rust and hold an exceedingly sharp edge.
- A great set for newlyweds or those with smaller kitchens, this set includes four of the most used kitchen knives plus shears, a steel and a 9-slot block.
- The stamped blades are made of high-carbon stainless steel for top performance and durability.
- Triple-riveted high-impact plastic handles provide a secure, comfortable grip.
- Handsome hardwood block safely stores 9 items and is gentle on knives’ edges.
- Made in Germany.
7-piece set includes:
- 3” paring knife.
- 4 1/2" utility knife.
- 6" serrated utility knife.
- 6” chef’s knife.
- Honing steel.
- Kitchen shears.
- 9-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3” paring knife: 3”-long blade; 4”-long handle; 1 oz.
- 4 1/2" utility knife: 4 1/2”-long blade; 4 1/2”-long handle; 1.75 oz.
- 6" serrated utility knife: 6”-long blade; 4 1/2”-long handle; 2 oz.
- 6” chef’s knife: 6”-long blade; 4 3/4”-long handle; 2.25 oz.
- Honing steel: 9”-long; 4 1/2”-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- Kitchen shears: 8”-long.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within
3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 4 out of 5 by TauntingElf from Starter Knives, Upgrade Over Time As other reviewers have noted, these are a little flimsy compared to serious knives. This was a gift and I have used these knives occasionally. These are great for a couple with little to no knife skills and/or no restaurant level cooking experience. To be fair, the bread knife is a great bread knife, but that isn't hard to accomplish. Again, not for pros, but definitely good for a young couple just starting out.Date published: 2015-01-31Rated 2 out of 5 by tmi0604 from Get dull very fast & not as sturdy as Classic My brother bought a Classic knife for me for Christmas one year, so I figured I would give this set a try since it was Wusthof. I have had this set over a year now, and I am disappointed that I didn't spend the extra money to get the Classic. The Classics are much more sturdy and hardly need sharpening. These are too light and, since I use them everyday, (straight blades) need sharpening all the time. They also are prone to light staining...you have to be vigilant about washing them right away. I should have returned them long ago as Williams-Sonoma has a great return policy even if they are used within a certain timeframe.Date published: 2014-09-19Rated 1 out of 5 by Insuranceguru from Wish I could give these a zero-star rating! Let me start by saying that I sold top-line cutlery from Solingen Germany, along with waterless cookware, back in my early 20's, so I know quality knives. These aren't it! I tried to find the difference on the WS website between the Classic and the Gourmet line but really couldn't discern any difference other than the price. I have purchased some of the Classic knives previously for a gift and they are top-notch! I'm VERY disappointed that Solingen would make such poor quality as this line of knives. When I first opened the package, I noted that the steel was extremely thin (the blade should be thicker on the top edge) and there was NO edge-guard! Quite frankly, I would be afraid to use these knives for their intended use. I might add that I cook on a gourmet level so quality knives are well worth the investment to me. These are going back and I will be reordering the Classic set.Date published: 2014-08-21Rated 5 out of 5 by Audge from The best knives I bought it as a wedding gift because I have a set for many years and know they are good quality.Date published: 2013-11-19Rated 5 out of 5 by TheCookingVet from Best Knives Ever These knives are extremely sharp and cut with ease. They will be the only brand I buy from now on.Date published: 2013-10-25Rated 5 out of 5 by jmiller1948 from Quality Set of Knives Excellent set of top quality knives. The block is a great way to store them and protect them from damage and dulling.Date published: 2013-06-17