Wüsthof Gourmet 5-Piece Knife Block Set
This basic set from Wüsthof of Germany equips you with the most essential cutlery pieces for cooking. The included storage block takes up very little space, which makes this the perfect choice for apartments, vacation homes, outdoor kitchens and grills, or even a second prep station in your kitchen. It's also a great gift for anyone just starting out as a cook or homeowner.
- Stamped blades are made of high-carbon no-stain steel for top performance and durability.
- Full tangs ensure superb balance and control.
- Triple-riveted synthetic handles provide a secure, comfortable grip.
- Handsome hardwood block safely stores four items and takes up minimal space on countertop.
- Knives are made in Germany.
- Block is made in China.
Five-piece set includes:
- 6" chef's knife.
- 4 1/2" utility knife.
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- Kitchen shears.
- 4-slot hardwood knife block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Chef's Knife: 6"-long blade, 4 1/2"-long handle. 8 oz.
- Utility Knife: 4 1/2"-long blade, 4"-long handle. 5 oz.
- Paring Knife: 3 1/2"-long blade, 4"-long handle. 4.8 oz.
- Kitchen Shears: 4"-long blades, 8" total length. 4.8 oz.
- 4-slot Hardwood Knife Block: 2 3/4" x 5 1/2" x 6" high.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Also in this Collection
Wüsthof Classic 5-Piece Knife Block Set
Rated 3 out of 5 by nuclearbalm from Too light - better bang for the buck I like the chef's knife & the shears, but these are too light and just don't FEEL very high quality. The pairing & utility knives feel completely insignificant. I probably shouldn't have complained based on the price but seeing some of the other much better cutlery sets I can get for not much more money I can't help but feel that I didn't get the best bang for my buck.Date published: 2012-10-10