Wüsthof Epicure 9" Slicing Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Dynamic, modern lines and user-friendly features distinguish the Epicure series, a brilliant knife design from Wüsthof crafted for the most discerning home cooks. Wide, subtly curved blades feel extra-stable and beautifully balanced in the hand, with generous knuckle room. Smooth, sculpted handles are the same super-durable wood composite used in high-quality cutting boards.
- Long, narrow slicer cuts thin, precise slices of meats, vegetables and fish fillets and carves roasts.
- Blade is precision-forged from high-carbon stainless steel.
- Handle is made of Epicurean® recycled wood-fiber composite, a highly durable and hygienic material.
- Created by industrial designer Björn Berger and crafted in the historic cutlery center of Solingen, Germany.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9"-long blade, 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 10.8 oz.
- Made in Solingen, Germany.
- Precision-forged blade has dynamic, modern lines.
- Wide, curved blade shape increases knuckle clearance.
- Handle design is sculpted to reduce fatigue and look beautiful in the kitchen.
- Full tang with double-riveted handle.
- Handle is exceptionally smooth and is sculpted for ergonomic comfort.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.