Wüsthof Classic Wide Chef’s Knives
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Designed for the ultimate food prep efficiency, these multipurpose knives will assist you with everything from chopping and dicing vegetables to cubing and slicing meats, poultry and fish. The generous length and width of the razor-sharp blades make it easy to prep large quantities of ingredients – or larger pieces of food.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- 12" knife: 12"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 1 lb. 10 oz.
- 14" knife: 14"-long blade, 5"-long handle; 1 lb. 14 oz.
- Made in the renowned cutlery center of Solingen, Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within 3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Samanrudie from Absolutely fantastic knives To give this outstanding knife as a gift is truly a statement of thoughtfulness and generosity. The classic wide chef's knife is easier to handle and use in all respects than the regular chef's knife (which is also excellent and has many 5 star reviews). The wide chef’s knife is ‘taller’ so it is easier to hold and easier to see what I am cutting; it is the real ‘working’ knife in my kitchen. There are other, far more expensive knives on the market that will give Wusthof a run for the money, but for a product that will last for several generations with proper care; this is the one to give. Or get. The classic wide chef has a full finger guard bolster that fits my larger fingers and is available in blade lengths to 14”. I have a 6, 8 and 10” size and use them about equally.Date published: 2016-12-28Rated 1 out of 5 by Mimiof4 from So Disappointed You know when you order a gift for someone and it turns out to be not as expected? I have no idea about the quality of the knife since it will be a Christmas gift; however, the monogramming is the huge disappointment. What I expected to be an engraved monogram is actually black laser letters which look cheap--as if they are just stamped on the blade. They actually look like they could easily wear off, and the font is completely different than the preview shown. Since personalized items are non-returnable, I guess I'll just be embarrassed and apologize for this not-inexpensive gift when it's given. So unlike W-S.Date published: 2016-12-02