Wüsthof Classic 8" Vegetable Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Designed specifically to efficiently slice, chop and trim fresh produce, this German knife features a perforated blade that reduces friction when you’re cutting potatoes and other firm vegetables. A lengthwise ridge helps push cut ingredients off the blade. The full-tang blade is forged from stain-resistant high-carbon steel and riveted to the nonslip polypropylene handle for balance and control.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8”-long blade
- 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 5.2 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
Rated 5 out of 5 by John200 from Best knife I've ever had for vegetables Extremely sharp and stays that way. It glides quickly through all vegetables without sticking to them, even potato slices. Best knife I've ever had for vegetables.Date published: 2016-12-07Rated 5 out of 5 by combatfisher from Perfect for juicing ! I do a lot of juicing...this veggie knife is perfect. It is made for right handed people. When you cut the veggies...you know how sometimes they stick to the knife ? this knife has a ridge on it so the veggies fall off the knife. I would have liked to have the ikon style handle as it is more comfortable...but the classic handle works well too.Date published: 2015-04-01Rated 5 out of 5 by BobSooner from Vegetable Knife Ordered and got it very quickly and took advantage of free shipping. It is a bit larger and heavier than I expected, but it is a great knife. Use it 5-6 times weekly. Recommend it to others!Date published: 2015-03-30Rated 4 out of 5 by BluePlate from Sadly not for left-handers The knife is fabulous for wet slicing - onions, potatoes, cucumbers, etc., but the raised ridge that releases the slices from the blade is only on one side therefore it does not work if you are left-handed; I had to return it. Wish Wusthof would make it for both!!Date published: 2013-10-10Rated 5 out of 5 by NaturalCooking from Quick work of prep Belonging to a produce co-op means lots of veg prep. This knife does great job of making quick work of otherwise tiring process.Date published: 2013-10-06Rated 3 out of 5 by James310 from Cool, but not a "must have" I love Wusthof and I love a knife that is well suited to its particular task. This knife is very cool to look at and feels great in the hand, but it is nothing to get crazy about. The good news is that it is well made and when I bought it on sale it was a good price. The bad news is that it is not really a necessary addition to any kitchen's cutlery stand if you already have a good 8" chef's knife that you like and know how to use properly. My kids eat cucumbers and apples and other fresh fruits and veggies and I make hand-cut fries. All should be a perfect test of this blade. Turns out, it is not much better than what I already have and the holes require extra attention to clean. It just is not different enough to make a "must have" knife.Date published: 2013-05-10Rated 5 out of 5 by TheGablesInn from Great Potato Knife As the owner of the Gables Wine Country Inn, we prep a lot of sticky foods. This knife is awesome for slicing potatoes, tomatoes and other sticky stuff.Date published: 2013-04-22Rated 5 out of 5 by WSGJR from Perfect for potatoes I expected a lot from a Wusthof knife and I was not disappointed. The knife has a nice weight and excellent balance. It is ideal for slicing potatoes as the ridge and holes keep slices from sticking to the blade. I highly recommend this knife.Date published: 2013-04-22