Wüsthof Classic Ikon Sheep's Foot Paring Knife
Combining superb German craftsmanship and striking design, this sheep's-foot parer is uniquely shaped for precise straight-edge slicing, chopping and mincing of smaller foods. The hand-polished full-tang knife is triple riveted to the comfortable polypropylene handle for peerless stability.
- Compact blade has a nearly straight cutting edge with a hoof-shaped tip for smaller chopping, mincing and peeling tasks.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Durable polymer handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- 3"-long blade; 3 1/2"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by SuSu2 from The right paring knife for me This knife is very sharp, comfortable, and easy to maneuver. It's a mini chef's knife. I own "regular" and bird's beak paring knives that I never use. I like to cut on a cutting board rather than in my hand. This is my new "go to" knife when slicing scallions and the like.Date published: 2015-01-08Rated 5 out of 5 by WyoWindblown from Par(ing) Excellence! A sheep's foot paring knife is the go-to for small mincing/chopping tasks and, of course, paring fruits and veggies. I used another brand for years, but figured out what I was missing when I got this one as a gift. The knife has the pleasant size/heft ratio of the other Classic Ikon knives, while being a perfect complement to the 7-piece set. It's very sharp, has a comfortable handle and a blade that's thin enough for peeling potatoes, but not at all flimsy.Date published: 2013-01-10