Wüsthof Classic Ikon Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife
Combining German craftsmanship and traditional Japanese styling, this santoku is deftly proportioned for precision tasks like mincing and paper-thin slicing. The high-carbon-steel blade has shallow oval-shaped depressions to keep foods from adhering to it.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Blade has hollow-edge depressions to reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Sleek contoured handle is made of smooth polypropylene.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" santoku: 5"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 7" santoku: 7"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by AnneofGreenTables from great knife! We love this knife! Very sharp with a comfortable grip.Date published: 2016-07-04Rated 5 out of 5 by maruca81 from Great knife! I purchased 4 of these this holiday season. Originally one for myself and then 3 as Christmas gifts because I loved it so much. The engraving adds a very nice touch. I have used 4 star Henckel knives for nearly 30 years and thought they were the best. I still like them but, I love this knife! It is now my go-to when cooking. Super sharp and very comfortable(I did a lot of chopping during the holidays)!Date published: 2016-01-06Rated 5 out of 5 by BEddie from All Around Great Knife Nice balance, keen edge, a super sharp extension of my arm. I am a big fan of the Wusthof lines of cutlery.Date published: 2015-12-30Rated 5 out of 5 by rnrizslam from Makes a great Gift for a Chef After getting one for my wife, I bought another for our son who is the real chef in our family. He said he has never had a better knife. My wife uses hers everyday. We roast a lot of vegetables. the job is really easier with this Wusthof Santoku.Date published: 2015-05-25Rated 5 out of 5 by SuSu2 from Fits like a glove, cuts like a knife Although, I've had a full set of Henckels Professional S knives for over 15 years and still love them; I went to the Danbury, Ct. W-S store intending to buy a Shun paring knife based upon the customer reviews. Instead, the salesman listened to me about my cooking habits and after holding several knives I went home with this Wustof Classic Ikon 5" Santoku knife. It's comfortable and sharp. An easy knife to reach for when making a salad at 6 a.m. before heading out to work.Date published: 2014-10-26Rated 5 out of 5 by AndreaSpat from This 7" Hollow-Edge Santoku is now my favorite I bought this to replace my 8" chef's knife. This Santoku knife fits my hand perfectly. It's extremely sharp and well-balanced. I've always been a little afraid of cutting my hand while dicing vegetables but this knife fit's my hand so well and is sharp enough so I don't have to use too much pressure to slice through anything be it vegetable, fruit, or meet.Date published: 2014-10-11Rated 5 out of 5 by bbosw from Sharpest Knife in the Drawer My wife gave me this knife several Christmases ago. It was in a "block set" and I had never used a Santoku before; so it lived in the block unnoticed for several years. One Saturday I decided to play the "get to know your knives" game, and never got passed this knife. My "past favorite" veg. slicing knife was a 14 CM Chef, but due to the "rocking chair" curve of the blade, you had to go through a full motion in order to cut through that last green onion on the near side of your gathered bunch. This resulted in a very exaggerated arc of the knife heel. The Santoku has a straiter cutting edge that allows to cut all the way across the bunch of onions with very little movement of the heel and you still have enough blade width to rest your knuckles against. Love it!Date published: 2013-04-07Rated 5 out of 5 by sleeper from feels good, works better The grip is comfortable and secure. The blade is extremely sharp. The blade size is handy for most tasks.Date published: 2013-02-14