Wüsthof Classic Ikon Hollow-Edge Santoku Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Combining German craftsmanship and traditional Japanese styling, this santoku is deftly proportioned for precision tasks like mincing and paper-thin slicing. The high-carbon-steel blade has shallow oval-shaped depressions to keep foods from adhering to it.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Blade has hollow-edge depressions to reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Sleek contoured handle is made of smooth polypropylene.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" santoku: 5"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 7" santoku: 7"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 6.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within 3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
- Gift with Purchase
Rated 3 out of 5 by Bernard from A fine blade, but not as useful as others The Santoku combines Western and Eastern influences. This blade is very well made and if you like type it will do fine. The Kai is both aesthetically and ergonomically superior in my view, but the cobalt steel had serious corrosion issues. 1) The action is somewhat limited. I think the classic Asian slicer (cleaver) is more comfortable and has a cleaner appearance. 2) The Wusthof has a Granaton (sculptured) blade for food release. Unlike many, Wusthof has properly positioned this right at the edge. Howver, in my test, it did not make any noticeable difference. 3) If used as a chopper, the action is not as nice as a 9 inch and up (10 inch for French style) Western blade. 4) To repeat mystelf, having used other Asian style knifes, the handle feel and appearance are not a good. It certainly is a good knife, but would not be my first choiceDate published: 2018-05-01Rated 5 out of 5 by AnneofGreenTables from great knife! We love this knife! Very sharp with a comfortable grip.Date published: 2016-07-04Rated 5 out of 5 by maruca81 from Great knife! I purchased 4 of these this holiday season. Originally one for myself and then 3 as Christmas gifts because I loved it so much. The engraving adds a very nice touch. I have used 4 star Henckel knives for nearly 30 years and thought they were the best. I still like them but, I love this knife! It is now my go-to when cooking. Super sharp and very comfortable(I did a lot of chopping during the holidays)!Date published: 2016-01-06Rated 5 out of 5 by BEddie from All Around Great Knife Nice balance, keen edge, a super sharp extension of my arm. I am a big fan of the Wusthof lines of cutlery.Date published: 2015-12-30Rated 5 out of 5 by rnrizslam from Makes a great Gift for a Chef After getting one for my wife, I bought another for our son who is the real chef in our family. He said he has never had a better knife. My wife uses hers everyday. We roast a lot of vegetables. the job is really easier with this Wusthof Santoku.Date published: 2015-05-25Rated 5 out of 5 by SuSu2 from Fits like a glove, cuts like a knife Although, I've had a full set of Henckels Professional S knives for over 15 years and still love them; I went to the Danbury, Ct. W-S store intending to buy a Shun paring knife based upon the customer reviews. Instead, the salesman listened to me about my cooking habits and after holding several knives I went home with this Wustof Classic Ikon 5" Santoku knife. It's comfortable and sharp. An easy knife to reach for when making a salad at 6 a.m. before heading out to work.Date published: 2014-10-26Rated 5 out of 5 by AndreaSpat from This 7" Hollow-Edge Santoku is now my favorite I bought this to replace my 8" chef's knife. This Santoku knife fits my hand perfectly. It's extremely sharp and well-balanced. I've always been a little afraid of cutting my hand while dicing vegetables but this knife fit's my hand so well and is sharp enough so I don't have to use too much pressure to slice through anything be it vegetable, fruit, or meet.Date published: 2014-10-11Rated 5 out of 5 by cutitout from holds an edge for a long time I've been using one of these knives almost every day for 9 months. This steel and heat treat hold an edge for a long time. I strop once a week. I only have to sharpen once a month. This knife is still razor sharp. I do have some feedback. It would be nice if the spine was rounded a bit. The squared off spine can be a little ruff at times.Date published: 2014-01-17