Wüsthof Classic Ikon 9-Piece Knife Block Set
Crafted in the renowned cutlery center of Solingen, Germany, the knives in this set have high-carbon-steel blades that hold a keen edge and resist rust and stains. Full tangs increase their balance, and stylish polypropylene handles ensure nonslip comfort.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tangs are triple riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Each knife features a recessed bolster that facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Sleek contoured handles are made of polypropylene.
- Handsome hardwood block safely stores 13 items and is gentle on knives’ edges.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
9-Piece Set includes:
- 3" sheep’s-foot paring knife.
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 5" hollow-ground santoku.
- 8" chef’s knife.
- 8" bread knife.
- 10" honing steel.
- Pull-apart shears.
- 13-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3" sheep's foot paring knife: 3"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.3 oz.
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 5" hollow-ground santoku: 5"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 8" chef’s knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 9 oz.
- 8" bread knife: 8"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 5 oz.
- 10" honing steel: 10"-long rod; 5"-long handle; 9.3 oz.
- Shears: 8" long overall; 3.8 oz.
- Storage block:
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 4 out of 5 by TinaLn from Just like a professional chef Shipping fast ,and package well. Nice quality and easy to use. This is what I want,really really love it!Date published: 2015-06-02Rated 5 out of 5 by HeidiCali from Forged knives I did not know what a sharp knife was until I used these knives. They go through meat like butter. They were a gift for my husband so I did my homework. He was tired of dull knives that would not stay sharp. I didn't think I would need the bread knife until I cut through a loaf of very fresh french bread and it stayed in perfect shape. It did not squish at all. The Santoku is my favorite. Since we have a few more slots in the block I want to buy the larger 7" to add to the set. You won't be sorry spending more for quality.Date published: 2015-01-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Shopandcook from Nice quality I have to start out by saying this is the first set of knives of any sort of high quality I have ever owned. I cannot believe I spent so many years using cheap knives...I was definitely missing out! I use these knives nearly daily and have no complaints. They are easy to handle and cut/chop with ease. I am quite pleased with this purchase.Date published: 2013-11-15Rated 5 out of 5 by NaturalCooking from Get for Beginner or Pro It was time to replace my 18 year old Henckel set. I went to store to handle each of the varieties offered online to check heft and ease in hand. I prep both right and left handed, and wanted something comfortable for either. the 9 piece has everything you need, including honing steel and TWO Santokus. Added the vegetable knife and peeling knife to set.Date published: 2013-10-06Rated 5 out of 5 by mkstallard from Excellent knives, well constructed These knives have an excellent weight and hold a sharp edge if properly maintained. Hand wash and do not use an abrasive sponge or cleaner on the blades.Date published: 2012-12-22Rated 5 out of 5 by Seussbd from Still the premier German cutlery I've owned a set of Classic Ikon for about four years and they remain among the finest kitchen essentials I've ever used. The Wusthof sharpeners are excellent and regular touch-up is all that's needed to maintain a perfect edge. With basic care and keeping them out of the dishwasher, you will never need another set of cutlery.Date published: 2012-11-03