Wüsthof Classic Ikon 7-Piece Knife Block Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Our stylish Wüsthof Ikon cutlery offers a contemporary profile with handles of durable polypropylene. This well-balanced set of kitchen knives boasts high-carbon-steel blades with full tangs and double bolsters for balance and stability.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tangs are triple riveted to handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Each knife has a recessed bolster that facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Sleek contoured handles are made of smooth polypropylene.
- Handsome hardwood block safely stores 15 items and is gentle on knife edges.
7-piece set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 8" bread knife.
- 9" honing steel.
- Pull-apart shears.
- 15-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 9 oz.
- 8" bread knife: 8"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 5 oz.
- 9" honing steel: 9"-long rod; 5"-long handle; 9.3 oz.
- Shears: 8" long overall; 3.8 oz.
- Storage block: 15 slots.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by WyoWindblown from Knife Nirvana I prep a lot of fresh vegetables so a good chef's knife and paring knife are essential tools in our kitchen and are the stars of this set. The chef''s knife is the right all-around size, is well balanced and the handle is a dream for tedious chopping tasks. My hands don't get as tired as with lesser knives. The paring knife holds an edge like no other I've ever used and is very comfortable to hold for detailed work. The bread knife is good, but I wish it had a 10-inch blade for those big rustic loaves. I don't use the utility knife as much as I expected to because the other three knives have most tasks covered. The shears work well enough and the block is nice to look at, doesn't topple like our old one and earns points for having mostly horizontal slots that are easier on the blades. I find the sharpening steel useless, but the set is less expensive than the other individual pieces, so its inclusion isn't really a drawback.Date published: 2012-01-12