Wüsthof Classic Ikon 5" Tomato Knife
Wüsthof's serrated tomato knife slices easily through tomato skins and works equally well for cutting citrus fruits and cheeses. Made according to the highest standards of German craftsmanship, the hand-honed blade is triple riveted to the high-impact handle.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Serrated blade effortlessly cuts through tough skins and rinds and features a two-pronged tip for lifting slices of food.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Sleek contoured handle is made of smooth polypropylene.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5"-long blade.
- 4 1/4"-long handle.
- 2.3 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by GregJ from More useful than I thought I ordered this on a whim. I find myself using it a lot, tomatoes and other things as well. First, it's primary purpose is cutting tomatoes. Even the sharpest chef knife feels inferior to this knife. I was shocked how easily it cut through with zero compression of the tomato. I also use this to cut other soft veggies, fruits and berries. Definitely the third most used knife after my chef and carving knives.Date published: 2014-06-05