Wüsthof Classic Ikon 5 1/2" Boning Knife
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Crafted and hand honed in Germany, this stylish knife by Wüsthof features a narrow blade designed for the detail work of separating flesh from bone. Use it to bone a breast of chicken or to prepare a crown roast.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Narrow blade curves inward for maximum control when removing meat and poultry from the bone and has a sharp, tapered point for trimming fat and cutting tendons.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- A recessed bolster facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Sleek contoured handle is made of smooth polypropylene.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5 1/2"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 4.8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by LiteraryChef from Perfectly balanced and like slicing air I love this knife. The handle is easy to grip, the fit and balance are perfect, and it slices through anything from fish to carrots as if slicing through air.Date published: 2016-12-27