Wüsthof Classic Ikon 20-Piece Knife Block Set
Our Wüsthof Classic Ikon knives strike a sleek, contemporary profile with their shaped handles of durable polypropylene. Forged in the renowned cutlery center of Solingen, Germany, the high-carbon-steel blades hold a keen edge and resist rust and stains. This master set includes a complete range of cutlery pieces for the home cook.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tangs are triple riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Each knife has a recessed bolster that facilitates honing and sharpening the entire length of the cutting edge; a heel bolster provides added balance.
- Sleek contoured handles are made of polypropylene.
- Handsome hardwood block safely stores 22 items and is gentle on knives' edges.
- Knives are made in Germany.
- Block is made in China.
20-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 5 1/2" boning knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 6" chef's knife.
- 7" hollow-ground santoku.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 8" bread knife.
- 9" hollow-ground carving knife.
- 10" super slicer.
- Eight 4 1/2" steak knives.
- 10" honing steel
- Pull-apart kitchen shears.
- 22-slot hardwood storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 5 1/2" boning knife: 5 1/2"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5.25 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.25 oz.
- 6" chef's knife: 6"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 6 oz.
- 7" hollow-ground santoku: 7"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 6.75 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 9.5 oz.
- 8" bread knife: 8"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 5.25 oz.
- 9" hollow-ground carving knife: 9"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 6.25 oz.
- 10" super slicer: 10"-long blade; 5.25"-long handle; 9.75 oz.
- 4 1/2" steak knife: 4 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.5 oz.
- 10" honing steel: 10"-long rod; 5"-long handle; 10 oz.
- Pull-apart kitchen shears: 8" long overall; 4 oz.
- Storage block: 5 1/2" x 11 1/2" x 9" high.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by ChefTerri from Gave it as a gift I love Wusthof Classic Ikon knives, and have several myself. I cook a lot, and wanted to give them as a gift because of the great experience I have had with them.Date published: 2015-06-11