Wüsthof Classic Honing Steel
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Special Offer: Receive a $25 Willliams-Sonoma Gift Card with your purchase of Wüsthof cutlery. Print Coupon
Registrant: Receive a free gift when you add qualifying Wüsthof products to your registry. Print Coupon
A good honing steel is essential for keeping knives sharp and at the ready. This durable German-made version is crafted of high-carbon-steel and restores a knife's sharp edge by trueing it – that is, smoothing and realigning the blade's cutting edge to help it stay sharper longer.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most knife blades between sharpenings; do not use on serrated or scalloped blades.
- Sturdy high-carbon steel resists stains and corrosion.
- Polypropylene handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10"-long rod.
- 5"-long handle.
- 9.3 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
Rated 5 out of 5 by Dogwoman2 from Wusthof Classic Honing Steel Wonderful tool necessary to have with set of same knives. Keeps steel blades in ideal condition at all times. Would not own any other set of knives!Date published: 2015-07-24