Wüsthof Classic Hollow-Edge Chef's Knife
Use this professional-quality German knife for chopping vegetables as well as cubing and slicing meats, poultry and fish. Indentations on its high-carbon-steel blade prevent foods from adhering. A full tang, riveted to the handle, ensures peerless balance and control.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Blade has hollow-edge depressions to reduce friction and minimize sticking.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6"-long blade.
- 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 5.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 1 out of 5 by smarbe2 from Wash Very Gingerly to Save Finish A good friend, who is a professional chef was so impressed with a BBQ I hosted he gave me a gift card to replace my old carbon steel chef's knife. With his suggestion and much research I went with the Wüsthof Classic Hollow-Edge 8” Chef's Knife. I purchased this at Williams and Sonoma in Tampa at the International Mall. This was my first purchase there, the store and the staff were excellent. I shopped at the mall because I wanted to feel the balance of the knife. The feel and aesthetics of the knife were perfect! I purchase a plastic Williams and Sonoma blade protector too. The first meal I prepared was a roasted cauliflower dish, as suggested I immediately hand washed the knife and then dried with a paper towel parallel to the edge. After drying I was heartbroken to see a simple paper towel had ruined the finish of my blade! The blade is polished perpendicular to the edge and the only way to safely clean and dry the blade is to go parallel to the edge very disappointed. I hope I can return this weekend for a refund. Because I was impressed with the look and finish of the blade. I love the handle, balance and edge, but the finish was disappointing. I ordered the Wüsthof Classic Hollow-Edge 6” Chef's Knife and 3 ½” paring knife online with a discount before I washed the 8” knife. Don't even know if I will open them or just return very disappointed.Date published: 2017-05-31Rated 5 out of 5 by surfergirl12 from Great Knife This knife is Awesome! I just received mine. I ordered the 8 inch which I prefer. The blade is super sharp out of box. The handle is comfy, but the knife itself is kind of heavy for my preference. I enjoy my Grand Prix II Santoku knife more for the weight. Over all this is a great knife and I think the quality is more than suitable for most peopleDate published: 2014-04-12Rated 5 out of 5 by tcriggs from Perfection I have loved my Wusthof classic knives for decades, and did not think I needed a new chef's knife, but the combination of sharpness and balance on this 8" knife blew me away. It represents a new level of excellence. The hollow indentations do seem to help stop food from adhering to the sides, too.Date published: 2012-11-28