Wüsthof Classic Hollow-Edge Nakiri Knife, 5"
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Good for compact hands and smaller chopping tasks, this professional knife is a true champion. Shaped like a slender cleaver, it performs impeccably on everything from summer tomatoes to zucchini.
- Slender cleaver-shaped blade is designed to slice and chop, then scoop foods into your soup pot or salad bowl.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Heavy razor-sharp blade is designed for both heavy-duty and precision cutting.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Oval hollow-ground indentations on blade edge help keep ingredients from sticking.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability.
- Polypropylene handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5"-long blade.
- 4 1/2"-long handle.
- 8 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, you should not need to sharpen your knife more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Gift with Purchase
Rated 5 out of 5 by KirstynB from MY FAVORITE KNIFE Love this even more than my wusthof chefs knife! I use this for everything! No wonder it’s on the pioneer womans list of favorite kitchen items!Date published: 2018-03-13Rated 5 out of 5 by Sarah from Love this knife The knife is a very good buy. Its the best knife I have ever purchased. I agree with the other reviews about the size, its really very handy to hold and use. Beware its razor sharp, watch those fingers. Works extremely well for dicing, chopping and slicing veggies. You can get very thin slicing of veggies with this. I use it a lot for cutting cheese blocks too, works extremely well.Date published: 2017-09-06Rated 5 out of 5 by Trish from Best Knife Ever I've had this knife for several weeks and it's the best knife ever. It is as sharp as a razor and so easy to use. The size is perfect and this is the sharpest, best, knife I have ever owned. I reordered a second one today, I use it daily.Date published: 2017-06-01Rated 5 out of 5 by idleman89 from Wow it is a great knife I received this today along with a Wusthof 25 slot block, and immediately I put it to work. I cut up four different vegetables and I loved the feel in my hand, and I think I like it better than my 5-7" Santoku's. Nice knife so take advantage of the sale, I am sure you will love it. I had the larger one in my hand at a WS store and I didn't like the feel as much as this 5" Nakiri.Date published: 2017-03-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Captain Joe from This Knife Excels! I've been using this knife for a couple of weeks now and it's truly exceptional! As with all Wusthof Knives, it's sharp as a razor and this one, in particular, is exceptional for dicing and chopping veggies. Becaus of its size, it is easier to control. Just remember to keep your fingers (holding the veggies) curled and tucked away from the blade. I haven't used it long enough to have anything meaningful to say about durability and strength.Date published: 2017-03-04
Does this come with a sleeve?Hi Tracey, This knife comes in a paper sleeve.Date published: 2019-02-14