Wüsthof Classic Cleavers
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through July 22. Learn More
Perfect for breaking down larger cuts of meat, this heavy German cleaver is designed to cut through bone. Its finely honed high-carbon-steel blade works equally well for chopping and mincing tough vegetables.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Heavy razor-sharp blade is designed for both heavy-duty and precision cutting.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability.
- Polypropylene handle is contoured for a comfortable grip.
- 6"-long blade, 5 1/4"-long handle; 1 lb. 4 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by necee from Great for Home I love this cleaver. I cut our meat, steaks and chops , at home direct from the butcher. This cleaver is so easy and of a good weight. It saves me time and I get a good clean cut. Very happy with this product.Date published: 2017-07-03Rated 1 out of 5 by WestK from Don't like it at all I purchased this cleaver online after reading the reviews to replace one that I had for 30 years; used it for the first time while preparing Thanksgiving dinner. The cleaver has a curved edge and does not cut straight down but flares out sideways. I found it difficult to handle and couldn't even get it to cut through sweet potatoes. It is very awkward to use and I am returning it; I won't buy another online as the feel of the cleaver makes a huge difference.Date published: 2015-11-27Rated 5 out of 5 by DIllinois from Great weight and balance This cleaver is very well balanced. It's better than any cleaver that I have ever owned. It's also super sharp.Date published: 2015-10-19Rated 5 out of 5 by LooWho from Excellent Cleaver! Wusthof has made an excellent knife - it has great weight to it which helps cutting through beef bones! I feed my dog raw meat, so this is a perfect purchase for cutting up big slabs of beef. I haven't used it on veggies yet. I'm sure it would be spectacular.Date published: 2013-06-18