Wüsthof Classic Deli Knife, 8"
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Designed for slicing panini, this specialized German knife is equipped with a scalloped high-carbon-steel blade that cuts easily through crisp golden crusts without squashing the sandwich's contents. The contoured handle is offset, providing additional clearance for knuckles while slicing.
- Knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Long, sturdy blade has a scalloped edge for slicing through bread without compressing soft fillings.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tang is triple riveted to the handle for exceptional durability and control.
- Polypropylene handle is contoured for a comfortable grip and offset for extra knuckle clearance.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8"-long blade.
- 5"-long handle.
- 13 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener specifically designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within 3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
- Gift with Purchase
Rated 2 out of 5 by Ryan from Good on paper, bad experience with knife I received this knife as a gift and was rather excited to have a potentially decent serrated knife. However after my first use with this knife, I was already experiencing chipping and having the edge roll to one side. This could have been a manufacturing defect due to not polishing the knife after production or the fact that it’s a single bevel serrated edge but as someone who works in a professional kitchen, I can’t risk using a knife like this on a daily basis when after it’s first use it’s having these issues, especially when all I was cutting was baguettes.Date published: 2018-12-30Rated 5 out of 5 by Barbiegirl113 from Best knife for slicing artisan breads,etc. I have 2 other top brand knives for slicing bread. This is the BEST ever! My husband can't believe how easily it slices all types of bread.Date published: 2015-04-07Rated 5 out of 5 by SpareTimeChefWannaBe from The Ultimate Bread & Sandwich Knife This deli knife cuts through all bread and sandwiches without squishing them. It is incredible! No matter the softness inside, the knife grabs and smoothly glides down effortlessly. Love it! Threw away my bread knife.Date published: 2015-03-07Rated 5 out of 5 by Aujourdhui from This knife spoiled me I bought this knife because of the brand and the shape of the knife. I had no idea how incredible this knife would be. It cuts through vegetables with ease. It makes it fun to chop. Tomatoes are a breeze to slice. I also bought the Panini Spatula which when used with this knife, keeps the sandwich from being pressed down with your hand. I gathered up three other knifes that I had in my drawer and will be donating them. Until I got this knife, I thought my others were good. You will never go back to an average knife again. I know I won't.Date published: 2014-03-07Rated 5 out of 5 by Grandmaofseven from Wonderful knife We are never disappointed with Wusthof knives. We recently starting collecting the Classic line and they are all wonderfulDate published: 2013-08-11Rated 5 out of 5 by MaGulch from Absolutely LOVE IT! Cuts through sandwiches, panini or not, with ease and without "smooshing"......(..is that a word?) out everything inside the sandwich. A good addition to my Wusthof Classic collection.Date published: 2013-07-18