Wüsthof Classic 7-Piece Knife Block Set
Crafted in the renowned cutlery center of Solingen, Germany, the Wüsthof Classic knives in this set have specially formulated high-carbon-steel blades that hold a keen edge. Full tangs increase balance, while the triple-riveted polypropylene handles ensure a comfortable grip.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tangs are triple-riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handles are contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Shears are stainless steel.
- Block available in Cherry, Maple, Walnut, Acacia, Bamboo and Black hardwood that is gentle on blade edges.
7-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 8" chef's knife.
- 8" bread knife.
- 9" honing steel.
- Pull-apart shears.
- 15-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2.4 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.5 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 9.6 oz.
- 8" bread knife: 8"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 4.8 oz.
- 9" honing steel: 9"-long rod; 4 1/2"-long handle; 6.4 oz.
- Shears: 8 1/2" long; 4 oz.
- 15-slot storage block: 4 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 8 1/2" high.
- Knives made in Germany; storage block made in China.
Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Artichoke Ragout Recipe
Fill a large bowl with cold water. Halve the lemon, squeeze the juice into the water and drop in the lemon halves. Pull off and discard the tough outer leaves from each artichoke. Using a sharp knife, cut off the top of the artichoke about 1 inch above the base, or heart. Using a paring knife, trim off the dark green flesh from the base and stem of the artichoke. Cut the artichoke in half and scoop out the fuzzy chokes with a sturdy spoon. Cut the halves into 1-inch wedges and place in the bowl of lemon water.
Finely grate the zest from the orange and then squeeze the juice to measure about 1/2 cup. Set the zest and juice aside.
In a sauté pan over medium-low heat, warm the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and a pinch of salt and sauté until the onion is soft and translucent, 6 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer. Drain the artichokes and add them to the pan along with the orange juice, wine and water. Crumble the saffron threads and sprinkle them into the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Add a generous pinch each of salt and pepper, cover the pan and simmer until the artichokes are just tender when pierced with a knife, about 25 minutes.
Uncover the pan, increase the heat to medium-high and simmer vigorously until the liquid reduces to a glaze, 6 to 7 minutes. Add half of the reserved orange zest and stir to mix. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
Transfer the artichokes to a warmed serving dish and sprinkle with the remaining orange zest. Serve hot or at room temperature. Serves 4.
Adapted from Williams Sonoma New Flavors for Vegetables, by Jodi Liano (Oxmoor House, 2008).
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within
3-5 business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders reciived by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Wüsthof Classic 7-Piece Knife Block Set
|Wüsthof Classic 7-Piece Knife Block Set, Maple||Sugg. Price $629 Our Price $329.95||$0|
|Wusthof Classic 7-Piece Knife Block Set, Walnut Block||Sugg. Price $629 Our Price $329.95||$0|
|Wüsthof Classic 7-Piece Knife Set, Acacia||$329.95||$0|
|Wüsthof Classic 7-Piece Knife Set, Bamboo||$329.95||$0|
|Wüsthof Classic 7-Piece Knife Set, Black||$329.95||$0|
|Wüsthof Classic 7-Piece Knife Set, Cherry||$329.95||$0|