Wüsthof Classic 3-Piece Knife Starter Set
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
A cutlery collection couldn’t find a better foundation than this trio of essential knives. The high-carbon stainless-steel blades are forged in Solingen, the renowned center of German steel making. Each knife has a full tang for exceptional balance.
- Set includes a 3 1/2" paring knife, a 6" utility knife and an 8" chef’s knife.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wüsthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) ensures a 20% sharper blade with twice the edge retention.
- Full tangs are triple riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handles are contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2 oz.
- 6" utility knife: 6"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- 8" chef’s knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 8.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 5 out of 5 by mem7 from Perfect set I recently received this set in the mail off my wedding registry. My fiance and I were so happy when we got them that we actually danced around! We've been using them for less than a week and we are incredibly pleased with them. They are the perfect weight and allow me to slice and chop with extreme precision. Very pleased with this set.Date published: 2017-04-16Rated 5 out of 5 by kittyb from Great way to start off! I have been replacing my knives little by little. I started with this set as it has the perfect pieces that you will use the most, which I do. I couldn't believe how dull my knives actually were until I started using these. Be careful they are incredibly sharp! I look forward to buying more pieces. I didn't buy a set since I thought I would rather pick the pieces I would actually use vs. what came in the set! These knives are not cheap ... Choose wisely!Date published: 2014-11-27Rated 5 out of 5 by KristenIr from My favorite knife set These knives are the best. When I recently moved and my Wursthof knife set got stolen. I was so upset to loose all my good knives. I started to re-purchase to replace all that was lost. This set was a very good deal and I immediately starting putting it to good use.Date published: 2013-03-18Rated 5 out of 5 by janmitch51 from great knives First quality knives I have owned & I am 60 years old, waited a long time for these but they are well worth the wait!Date published: 2012-01-20