Wüsthof Classic 20-Piece Knife Block Set
Comprising a complete assortment of cutlery for the home cook, this set of German knives handles the full range of cutting tasks. Wüsthof Classic knives feature durable full-tang construction and hand-honed high-carbon-steel blades. The riveted handles are made of high-impact polypropylene.
- Each knife is precision forged from a single piece of sturdy high-carbon steel that resists stains and corrosion.
- Wusthof's Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) gives each straight-edged knife an extraordinarily sharp blade that retains its edge 30% longer.
- Full tangs are triple riveted to the handles for exceptional durability and control.
- Durable polymer handles are contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Handsome hardwood block safely stores 22 items and is gentle on knives’ edges.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
20-Piece Set includes:
- 3 1/2" paring knife.
- 5" boning knife.
- 6" utility knife.
- 6" cleaver.
- 6" and 8" chef’s knives.
- 7" hollow-ground santoku.
- 8" bread knife.
- 9" hollow-ground carving knife.
- Eight 4 1/2" steak knives.
- 10" honing steel.
- Pull-apart shears.
- 22-slot storage block.
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" paring knife: 3 1/2"-long blade; 4"-long handle; 2 oz.
- 5" boning knife: 5"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 4.5 oz.
- 6" chef’s knife: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5.8 oz.
- 6" sandwich knife: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 3.8 oz.
- 6" cleaver: 6"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 1 lb.
- 7" hollow-ground santoku: 7"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 5.8 oz.
- 8" bread knife: 8"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 4 oz.
- 8" chef’s knife: 8"-long blade; 5"-long handle; 8.5 oz.
- 9" hollow-ground carving knife: 9"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 5.5 oz.
- 4 1/2" steak knives: 4 1/2"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 2.3 oz.
- 10" honing steel: 10"-long rod; 5"-long handle; 9.3 oz.
- Shears: 8" long overall; 3.8 oz.
- Storage block: 6 1/2" x 12" x 9 1/2" high.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.
Rated 4 out of 5 by kruss from Great set but steak knife broken in half We've had this knife set for 9 years. We love the knives and they stay sharp for a long time. My only disappointment has been that I dropped one of the steak knives on the floor while I was setting the table one night and the blade broken in half. It's frustrating to have an expensive set like this with a missing steak knife. The other complaint would be that they need to be hand washed. They rust if you clean them in the dish washer.Date published: 2013-08-16