Willie Bird Fresh Free-Range Pre-Brined Organic Turkey, Thanksgiving Delivery
- Premier Day
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Brining a turkey is a wonderful method for enhancing its juiciness and flavor, but home cooks are often intimidated by the time and space required. Our pre-brined, organic Willie Bird turkey offers a convenient alternative. The free-range birds are raised on organic grains, free of antibiotics and hormones on a family farm in California’s Sonoma County. Our brine recipe this year blends rosemary, thyme and sage with just the right amount of garlic and salt, so the turkeys roast up savory, succulent and not overly salty.
- Certified organic.
- Shipped fresh to arrive chilled.
- Quantities are limited; preorder yours today for automatic Thanksgiving or Christmas delivery (see Shipping tab for details).
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Approx. 10–12 lb. (serves 7–9)
- Approx. 12–14 lb. (serves approx. 9–11)
- Approx. 14–16 lb. (serves approx. 11–13)
- Approx. 16–18 lb. (serves approx. 13–14)
- Approx. 20–22 lb. (serves approx. 16–18)
- Approx. 24–26 lb. (serves 19–21)
- Giblets are not included.
- Use & Care
- Your turkey was shipped fresh with ice packs to arrive chilled. Refrigerate or freeze the turkey, still in the vacuum-sealed bag, immediately upon receipt; it keeps 7 days refrigerated and up to 3 months frozen. Remove the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting and remove it from the bag. Do not leave the turkey at room temperature longer than 1 hour.
Roasting an Unstuffed Turkey
- A turkey is easier to prepare and roasts more evenly and faster if left unstuffed; the stuffing can be baked separately. The times listed below are calculated for an unstuffed turkey. Bring the bird to room temperature. Place it, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 400°F for 30 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue roasting until done. Allow 13 to 15 minutes per pound.
Turkey Weight Approximate Roasting Time
- 10–12 lb., 2 1/4 to 3 hours
- 12–14 lb., 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours
- 14–16 lb., 3 to 3 3/4 hours
- 16–18 lb., 3 1/4 to 4 hours2
- 20 to 22 lb., 3 3/4 to 4 1/2 hours
- 24 to 26 lb., 4 to 4 3/4 hours
Roasting a Stuffed Turkey
- Stuff the turkey just before putting it in the oven (do not stuff it earlier). Spoon the dressing loosely into the body and neck cavities. Do not overfill, as the dressing will expand during roasting. Truss the turkey. To facilitate removing the stuffing, first line the inside of the cavity with a double layer of cheesecloth, allowing it to extend beyond the cavity by a few inches. Then spoon the stuffing inside. After roasting the bird, gently pull the overhanging cheesecloth and the stuffing will slip out easily, neatly tucked inside the cheesecloth. To ensure that a stuffed turkey cooks evenly, roast the bird slowly, breast side up, at 325°F, covering the breast loosely with foil for the first two-thirds of the roasting time. Using the approximate roasting times listed above, add about 30 minutes to the total cooking time for stuffed birds weighing 16 lb. or less, and about 1 hour for birds weighing more than 16 lb.
Testing for Doneness
- The breast and thighs must reach different internal temperatures for ideal doneness. The breast should register 165°F and the thigh, 175°F. Begin testing for doneness 30 minutes to 1 hour before the total roasting time is reached. To test the breast using an instant-read thermometer, insert it into the meatiest part, several inches above the wings. To test the thigh, insert the instant-read thermometer alongside the opening of the main cavity underneath the drumstick, away from the bone. This is the meatiest part of the thigh.
- The turkey will continue to cook internally after you remove it from the oven, so you may take it out when the thermometer registers 3°F to 4°F below the minimum temperature. Then cover the bird loosely with aluminum foil. If roasting a stuffed bird, be sure the stuffing reaches 165°F. After taking the turkey out of the oven, let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes. This allows time for some of the juices to be absorbed back into the meat, which makes it easier to carve and more moist. If roasting a stuffed bird, remove all of the stuffing at serving time.
- Organic turkey, water, salt, spices (rosemary, thyme, sage, garlic).
To ensure freshness, this item is shipped overnight from the supplier and is not eligible for rush shipping.
- For Thanksgiving delivery, order by 11:59PM PT, Friday, November 17; ships November 20 to arrive by November 22.
- For Christmas delivery, order by 11:59PM PT, Sunday, December 17; ships December 20 to arrive by December 22.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. Delivery surcharges apply. View Shipping Options and Charges. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
- About Willie Bird Turkeys
The Benedetti family started raising turkeys in Northern California’s Sonoma County back in 1948. In 1963, Willie Benedetti developed the formula for the now-famous Willie Bird Turkey, which the family raises in the rolling, oak-studded hills just east of Santa Rosa. The birds roam freely around the grassy acreage, tended and nurtured by Willie, his brother Riley and their cousin Rocky Koch. The best we’ve tasted, Willie-Bird free-range turkeys are raised with care, fed only the best natural grains and vegetable proteins, and never treated with hormones or antibiotics.
You May Also Like
Williams Sonoma Turkey Gravy Base
Williams Sonoma Organic Turkey Gravy Base, Herbs de Provence
Rated 5 out of 5 by Sinbad from Fantastic flavor My son said the herb flavor made the turkey taste like Christmas. Everyone raved about the flavor and how moist this turkey was. My husband said he wants me to always purchase this turkey for the holidays. I'm thrilled with Willie Bird turkeys!Date published: 2017-01-05Rated 5 out of 5 by oldestone from Best Turkey We've Ever Had My daughter served one of these at Thanksgiving and it was so good I ordered one for Christmas. It was just as good for us. All of our guests remarked on how good the turkey wasDate published: 2016-12-30Rated 1 out of 5 by glenndavid from worst turkey ever i bought a 12 lb. PRE-BRINED turkey. the turkey baked up beautifully. ,BUT, it was the worst tasting turkey in my 68 years.. i have no idea what was in that brine,it left a terrible aftertaste in your mouth,the gravy was lousy,we tried to eat it ,but finally gave up, and threw away the rest. do not waste your money on this. go back to self brine or no brineDate published: 2016-12-30Rated 5 out of 5 by janelizzy from Best Turkey This turkey was a fantastic hit-excellent taste with right amount of moisture. I was worried about getting a larger turkey (20lbs.) because I heard larger would be older. But this was great and everyone (14 people) had positive comments for this Thanksgiving feast. It came with 2 hearts however, I am not sure how that happened. Will definitely purchase again next year. I was also worried if it would arrive on time,but I called the vendor and the lady was so very polite and had it scheduled for overnight delivery in plenty of time.Date published: 2016-12-11Rated 4 out of 5 by Brinkcd from Great turkey! I ordered this turkey to help make Thanksgiving easier this year. I also really wanted an organic, free range turkey which is hard to find. Delivery was great...just keep in mind they require a signature for delivery which I wasn't expecting. The turkey tasted great and was so easy. Just rinse, stuff and season! The only con was the price. Not sure I would order this again because of the expense.Date published: 2016-12-01Rated 5 out of 5 by TalkOfTheTown from Here's how I grilled it outside In case this has value to other readers: because my Thanksgiving oven was full of side dishes, and because I am fortunate to live in a warm climate, I grilled the pre-brined organic turkey outside, to rave reviews. I received the turkey FedEx the Tuesday before Thanksgiving (i had ordered it several weeks before that), and it arrived cold, as promised. On Thanksgiving Day, i stuffed the cavity with 2 oranges, 1 apple and 1 yellow onion, preheated gas grill to 500, then put turkey (in roasting pan) onto grill (with 16 oz white grape juice and 16 oz chicken stock in bottom of roasting pan). Turned down heat to 350, leaving on only the outside 2 grill burners, turning OFF the middle 2 grill burners, and 16-lb turkey was done in 3 hrs. Would definitely buy exact same bird again next year.Date published: 2016-11-30Rated 1 out of 5 by Nimena from So Disappointed I have wanted a Willie Bird for a long time and finally ordered one. It smelled so good and I was excited to wow my family and guests. Did NOT happen - the bird tasted processed. Several people said they thought it tasted like ham... It was cooked perfectly and was very moist when carved. The flavor in the brine was overwhelming. That is what I get for being lazy and not brining my own bird. Ended up buying another fresh bird at Sprouts the next day for a do-over.Date published: 2016-11-28Rated 4 out of 5 by 425Boston from Not what I had hoped for I bought this because it said it was brined with sage and thyme. It was brined with the regular Wms. Sonoma brining mix as far as we could tell. It tasted a bit "gamey" to my family. Yes, it was juicy and easy to cook, but the taste was different from a regular roast turkey. I would recommend with this caveat.Date published: 2016-11-27