Red Velvet Cake
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Red velvet cake is a favorite holiday dessert in the American South, where bakers pass recipes from one generation to the next. Showcasing a vibrant crimson hue and rich cocoa flavor as festive as the season itself, ours is lovingly made by hand at a small family-owned boutique bakery in Florida. This decadent dessert combines four fabulous layers of dense, moist cocoa buttermilk cake with fluffy vanilla cream cheese frosting. Crafted using the best natural ingredients, our red velvet cake is ready whenever you are—just thaw, slice and serve.
- 6" diam., 4 3/4" high (serves 8–10).
- 3 lb. 2 oz.
- Shipped frozen
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. To remove the cake from the box, unfold the box so that the front panel lies flat and you can slide the cake out of the box with ease. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Cake: Butter, sugar, trans fat-free vegetable shortening, cocoa powder, fresh eggs, natural vanilla, red food coloring, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, whole buttermilk, white vinegar.
- Frosting: Butter, cream cheese, trans fat-free vegetable shortening, powdered sugar, natural vanilla.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Also in this Collection
Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cake
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Rated 4 out of 5 by grannykins from So sweet, sooooo dense Part of me wants to say this cake was amazing and part of me wants to warn you that the cake is as dense as a brownie (seriously) and there is an abundance of frosting as well. Be warned if you eat a normal sized slice of this cake you will have a tummy ache and fall asleep. It will serve more than stated in the description! Delivery and condition get 5 stars.Date published: 2015-12-25Rated 5 out of 5 by beyee from great look and taste This cake is amazing! We followed the defrost instructions and the cake was perfect by the time we were ready to eat. The frosting was sweet, smooth, and creamy and the cake was dense and rich. Shipping was quick and the cake arrived flawless, just like the picture. It had to have been larger than 6"x5" because it easily fed 12 people. I am already thinking of the next occasion to purchase a cake for.Date published: 2015-05-19