Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cake
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Red velvet cake is a favorite holiday dessert in the American South, where bakers hand down recipes from one generation to the next. Showcasing a vibrant crimson hue and rich chocolate flavor, our gluten-free version is lovingly hand made at a small family-owned boutique bakery in Florida. The dessert consists of four fabulous layers of dense, moist chocolate-buttermilk cake prepared using using the best natural ingredients, including Chef Thomas Keller’s signature gluten-free Cup4Cup flour. For the finishing touch, it's filled and frosted with fluffy vanilla cream cheese frosting.
- 6" diam., 4 1/2" high (serves 6–8).
- 3 lb.
- Gluten-free, but made in a facility that uses wheat.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake is shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, remove from box and allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Cake: Cup4Cup Gluten-Free flour, butter, sugar, cocoa powder, fresh eggs, trans fat free vegetable shortening, natural vanilla, red food coloring, baking soda, salt, whole buttermilk, white vinegar.
- Frosting: Butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, natural vanilla
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Also in this Collection
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Gluten-Free Coconut Cake
Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake
Rated 5 out of 5 by Epona128 from As a Celiac, this is the cake I choose each B-Day! I adore red velvet cake, but when I was diagnosed with Celiac in 2012, I pretty much figured my red velvet days were over. We discovered that Williams-Sonoma offered the gluten-free red velvet cake a few years ago. It's amazing! It's moist unlike many gluten-free items and the icing is delicious as well on a traditional tasting red velvet. I didn't tell my family that it was gluten-free and they loved it even after I revealed it was gluten-free. We order this cake over and over. If you're gluten-free then Williams-Sonoma offers the perfect gluten-free choices. I'm thrilled and WS brought my childhood favorite back to me post-Celiac.Date published: 2016-10-12Rated 5 out of 5 by garnet10 from delicious! I ordered this cake some time ago and we just took it out of the freezer and defrosted it to enjoy it. It is very delicious, better than the Gluten-Free Yellow Cake, and the cream cheese frosting is wonderful. I just came back to order it again and I see it is no longer available. :( I hope this cake becomes available again--it was really good. The kind of cake you can serve to everyone, not just those who eat gluten-free.Date published: 2016-03-12Rated 5 out of 5 by 2bespoiled from YUMMM!!!!! This was our main after Christmas Dinner Dessert. I am GF and this is hands down the best Red Velvet Cake Ever!!!!! None of the guests knew it was GF. I hope this cake comes back in the near future.Date published: 2016-02-08Rated 5 out of 5 by MyOpinionMatters from The best red velvet cake ever! I had ordered this red velvet cake for Christmas. It's the best one I've ever had. Can't believe it was gluten free. Very dense rich cake. Yummy icing. My guests couldn't get enough of it. Didn't care it was gluten free. Would definitely buy again,Date published: 2015-03-10Rated 1 out of 5 by Beth59 from Not worth it This did not meet my expectations at all. For the cost of this cake I thought this would be the best GF cake I've ever tasted. My curiosity is satisfied, but I know now not to order again. I'll buy the GF cupcake mix which is delicious and make my own!Date published: 2014-12-26