Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Rich and chocolaty, dense and moist, this is the chocolate cake of your dreams—and it's entirely gluten free! Hand made at a small family-owned cake boutique in Florida, the four-layer cake is blended using Chef Thomas Keller’s signature Cup4Cup gluten-free flour and premium Dutch cocoa for tender texture and deep chocolate flavor. The moist layers have the richness and heft of pound cake. For an over-the-top finish, the entire decadent creation is filled and swathed with ultra-rich chocolate-cream cheese frosting.
- 6" diam., 4" high (serves 6–8).
- 2 lb. 8 oz.
- Gluten-free, but made in a facility that uses wheat.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake is shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, remove from box and allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Cake: Cup4Cup gluten-free flour, sugar, butter, cocoa powder, trans fat-free vegetable shortening, fresh eggs, baking soda, salt, whole buttermilk, natural vanilla
- Frosting: butter, cream cheese, cocoa powder, powdered sugar.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Also in this Collection
Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cake
- Vendor Shipped
Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake
- Vendor Shipped
Rated 1 out of 5 by rnrdms111 from unfortunately tested positive for gluten I bought this for my gluten sensitive daughter for Christmas and although she said it was good it tested positive for gluten. I am very unhappy about this as her health is dependent on staying gluten free!Date published: 2018-01-04Rated 5 out of 5 by Florida from Wonderful! A must if you need GF This was the best GF cake! Tasted wonderful. Moist and wonderful icing! Would definitely buy it again. Bought the vanilla GF one too. Not sure which I liked best. They were both wonderful!Date published: 2017-08-21Rated 1 out of 5 by foreverfoodie from Is it gluten free? I ordered this cake at Christmas time. It was just as pictured and delicious in its moistness and flavor. I ordered another one a few weeks ago but it looks nothing like the picture online and there's honestly no cake to taste. It's covered with a hard chocolate shell that cracks under a knife. On the inside, there's more filling than cake. Someone was in a hurry to get this cake together. What happened to the creamy chocolate icing that brought me back to the checkout line? Now I'm wondering if it's gluten free at all. What a disappointment when there is no consistency or quality control from purchase to purchase. It is too costly to be second guessing a purchase.Date published: 2016-03-08Rated 5 out of 5 by garnet10 from moist, dense and amazingly delicious This is one of the best gluten-free chocolate cakes we've ever had. Scrumptiously delicious. The cake comes frozen; we defrosted it overnight in the refrigerator, then left it out on the counter for 4 hours before serving as directed. It was perfect. Very, very expensive, but a real time saver and a delicious dessert for a special occasion.Date published: 2015-11-26Rated 5 out of 5 by SleepyMom from Delicious! This Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake is so delicious you will not miss the gluten! The cake part is so chocolatey, moist, decadent, and most of all - tastes like real cake filled and topped with yummy chocolate cream cheese frosting! Anyone who has gone from eating gluten to gluten free knows - gluten free cake doesn't usually taste like real cake. Well, this one is extraordinarily good and will make you feel happy to eat it!Date published: 2015-10-02