Vitamix S55 Personal Blender, Brushed Stainless
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Featuring an exclusive brushed stainless-steel finish, this space-saving Vitamix blender takes the guesswork out of food prep with convenient preset functions. It combines the professional performance of a full-sized Vitamix blender with a streamlined design that’s ideal for on-the-go food prep. Just turn the dial to whip up anything from an individual smoothie to the perfect party dip or frozen dessert. Ideal for blending soups, sauces and more, this versatile machine is also handy for chopping herbs and veggies.
- Four preset functions include Smoothies, Dips & Spreads, Frozen Desserts and Power Blends—a special setting for processing hard or tough ingredients, such as kale or carrots.
- Variable-speed operation with a pulse feature gives you precise control over texture, whether you're blending or chopping.
- Interchangeable 40-oz. prep container and 20-oz. insulated blending container/travel cup make it simple to switch from one preparation to another.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Model S55.
- 6" x 9" x 16" high.
- Travel container: 20 fl.-oz. cap.
- Large container: 40 fl.-oz. cap.
- 790-watt motor.
- 8 lb.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Durable plastic base; BPA-free Tritan copolyester container.
- Made in USA with U.S. and foreign components.
- Compact, state-of-the-art machine features an all-metal container-to-base coupling—and the signature laser-cut, stainless-steel blades that make every Vitamix so efficient.
- Brushed stainless-steel finish resists smudging and fingerprints.
- 20-oz. double-wall blending container/travel cup with flip-top lid is ideal for cold beverages to go.
- 40-oz. container is just the right size for preparing smaller family meals.
- Safety interlocking system turns the machine off automatically when the container is lifted or rocked from the base while you’re blending.
- Includes a signature Vitamix cookbook.
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty.
- Additional 20-oz. to-go containers sold separately.
- Use & Care
- Blades are sharp — handle with care.
- Blending containers, lids and blade base are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Wipe base clean with a damp cloth.
Next Day Delivery
You May Also Need
Vitamix 20-Oz. To-Go Container
Rated 5 out of 5 by Alburns82 from Absolutely love this machine! I’ve had the vitamin 5200 for several years and loved everything about it aside from how tall it is. I considered getting a Ninja or Magic Bullet just for making my personal size smoothie since I felt using the large 5200 for just me was wasteful and extra work. I always said if Vitamix ever came out with a personal sized blender, I would buy it to replace my older one even though it still ran just as good as new. I’ve been using my new Vitamix for a few weeks now and I just love love love it!! It’s the perfect size to fit on my counter under the cabinets and the personal size cup is perfect for my on the go lifestyle. The pitcher it comes with is perfect for the other things I like to make and now I don’t have to store my system away in a cabinet. I love the dial system and the pre-programmed feature which makes quick and easy work for my morning smoothie and more.Date published: 2017-11-15Rated 5 out of 5 by jerry from nice blender very good blender and easy to use. its a little costly thougDate published: 2017-10-04Rated 2 out of 5 by abby34 from Overpriced, underpowered This blender works OK for making a couple smoothies or frozen drinks. It doesn't produce as smooth a blend as expected, either using the control dial or pre-programmed settings. Even with the smoothies, protein powder will often clump and not get fully incorporated in the liquid. The recipes for soups all require cooking the ingredients first. The cauliflower soup came out grainy and goopy. Made the same recipe a week later with a handheld immersion blender and that actually worked a little better. I don't know if it's the container shape / size or less powerful motor, but the S55 definitely doesn't live up to expectations set by the full size model. On the whole, it works just OK. Not much better than your average blender. Poor value for money, when there are so many smoothie making alternatives out there.Date published: 2017-09-05Rated 2 out of 5 by not happy from not as good as expected bought this a month ago to make my protein shake in the morning, had a ninja that I used for 3 years daily until it burned out should have bought a new motor it was cheaper. this one does not puree the frozen fruit make to much air and if the powder fall to the bottom forget it it will not blend.Date published: 2017-08-02Rated 1 out of 5 by Caffee from Doesn't work. I was thrilled to find a blender for smoothie's with a small footprint yet great power. The bonus would be the soup feature. I am a senior with a small kitchen cooking for one person. Every time I tried my smoothie I had to shake it myself. The food got stuck under the blades and at the top. It was not pureed. I also did not want to be drinking air. I tried stirring it to get rid of the air but that didn't work. I heard that the velvet texture was preferred but it should be a choice. My stomach does not like air. I gave it a good try. I was very disappointed.Date published: 2017-06-21Rated 1 out of 5 by momschack from I cannot recommend. I bought this at my local Williams and Sonoma store maybe 18 months ago. I was assured it was worth the price. It has not had that much usage, however, my son just started making "recovery" shakes for after the gym. Powder, milk, frozen spinach, etc. Not even ice, frozen berries. The motor has burned out, completely dead. I would guess that it has been used maybe 50 times since we've owned it. I cannot recommend.Date published: 2017-06-08Rated 4 out of 5 by AnnaA from Love it Enjoying the best smoothies ever, the only thing It is missing the hot featureDate published: 2017-05-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Tonyp from Great Smoothies Great features, blends beautifully. Beautiful designDate published: 2017-04-25