Traeger Pro Series 780 Grill
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Salt Lake City-based Traeger Grills redefined outdoor cooking with the convection-based Original Wood Pellet Grill – and now, it's WiFIRE-enabled for easy control directly from your smartphone. Using a combination of natural hardwood pellets and the precision of digital technology, Traeger grills offer the cooking versatility of a traditional oven with the delicious wood-fired flavor of an outdoor barbecue. This innovative grill features six functions, a convenient secondary cooking rack and a Digital Pro Controller to maintain temperatures within 15°F of the desired set point.
- WiFIRE digital controller allows you to set and adjust temperatures and monitor cooking from your smartphone.
- Designed with 6-in-1 functionality to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise and barbecue with consistent results.
- Equipped with two cooking racks.
- Digital Pro Controller features Advanced Grilling Logic to maintain temperature within 15°F of desired set point.
- Dual meat probes help ensure food reaches ideal internal temperature.
- Plug-in outlet required.
- Assembly required if Standard UPS delivery is selected.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 49" x 27" x 55" high (with hood down); 780-sq.-inch cooking surface.
- Main rack: 34" x 19".
- Extra rack: 34" x 7".
- 18-lb.-cap. pellet hopper
- 8' power cord.
- 146 lb.
- Made in China.
- Sawhorse-style base has flared legs for extra stability.
- Substantial side-lift bar provides secure grip and even weight distribution for transportation.
- All-terrain wheels enable grill to roll easily over all types of surfaces.
- Pellet hopper clean-out allows you to change pellets on the fly.
- Main rack holds up to 24 burgers, 6 whole chickens, 32 hot dogs or 9 rib racks.
- Extra rack holds up to 16 burgers or 24 hot dogs.
- 3-year warranty.
WiFIRE App Information
- Uses Wi-Fi network to connect grill to Traeger App via cloud servers.
- Change temperature, increase smoke and set timers from anywhere.
- Access 1000+ recipes, from wood-fired pizza to BBQ brisket.
- Custom cook cycles let you track and adjust times and temperatures throughout grilling process to achieve consistent results with every meal.
- Delivers precise, consistent temperature +/-15°F from 165°F to a searing 500°F.
- Use & Care
- Assembly required if Standard UPS delivery is selected.
- Designed for use with Traeger Grills hardwood pellets only. A 10-lb. bag of Traeger Barbecue Pellets will last for at least five uses of the grill. On high, the grill uses 2 lb. of pellets per hour. On medium, 1 lb. per hour and on smoke, 1/2 lb. per hour.
- After each use, clean drip tray with hot soapy water or oven-style cleaning product.
- After each use, wipe down grease splatters on grill exterior. Use a designated stainless-steel cleaner to clean and polish exterior surfaces.
- To clean the grill grates, while the grill is still hot, dip a brush with brass bristles in hot water and scrub to remove charred residue.
- Allow grill to cool and dry thoroughly before covering.
White Glove Delivery
Please allow two to three weeks for delivery. This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Item arrives fully assembled and in one piece by our in-home delivery with White Glove service. We'll call you in advance to schedule a delivery time, then bring the item into your home, unpack and inspect it, perform simple assembly and dispose of all packaging material. Delivery is by appointment, Monday – Saturday; our delivery service will call to arrange a day. Available in the 48 contiguous states. White Glove Delivery does not include connecting the grill to a natural gas line or propane tank. Please call 877.812.6235 for additional assistance.
Standard UPS Delivery
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within one to two weeks. Assembly required for Standard UPS delivery. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
With Unlimited Flat Rate Furniture & Freight Delivery, an unlimited number of eligible furniture and select non-furniture items in your order can be delivered for a single flat rate. The exact shipping charges, are based on your shipping location and will be applied during checkout.
All items not shipped via unlimited flat-rate delivery fee will incur a shipping surcharge, but no additional delivery fees. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Oversized, very heavy items that ship unlimited flat rate will also incur a delivery surcharge. This additional charge is listed with the product price on the product detail page and also in the shopping cart.
Our products are designed with your comfort and style in mind. Made-to-order items (as marked) are not returnable but may be cancelled only within 24 hours of order placement. We cannot accept cancellations or returns on monogrammed items. Should your item arrive damaged or with a defect, please contact us at 877.812.6235 within 7 days so that we may arrange for a replacement. Frames and springs are warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for the product’s life, subject to the following conditions: warranty applies only to original owner and normal residential use. Defects resulting from negligence, abuse or use in a commercial, hospitality or other non-residential setting are not covered. For warranty service, call 877.812.6235.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from The greatest thing since sliced bread Best thing I’ve purchased all year,great for feeding friends and familyDate published: 2019-12-13Rated 4 out of 5 by Anonymous from Good overall grill Assembly was pretty easy, put it together and primed it in about 2-3 hours total. So far I have made ribs, steaks, salmon, chicken breasts, whole chickens, a turkey and pork belly bites. everything has turned out with great flavor. I would say the only downsides is that its pretty tough to get a proper sear on steaks, everything else has turned out really well. the wifire has worked well for me, super nice to change/shut down the temperature remotely.Date published: 2019-12-12Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Country Style Ribs My wife and I love to grill year round, we have have used a number of different grills over the years. She recently suggested we upgrade to a Traeger from our cheaply made Pit Boss pellet grill. So the first thing I fixed were country style ribs. As soon as I put them on I had turned the temp to 160, we had leave to run into town. The trip was longer than we had planned and I figured my ribs would be burnt to a crisp! This pellet grill is amazing the ribs were done perfect, not dry, not burnt. The old saying you get what you pay for and this is by far well worth it! I'm looking forward to cooking a turkey and ham on it for Christmas dinner!Date published: 2019-12-12Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Step your cooking game up!! Its simple... Game changer. Your taste buds will thank you. Iv enjoyed every meal thats come off it. I stopped using my oven. Im a big meat eater but honestly iv been more surprised with how well the veggies turn out. Amazing flavor!!Date published: 2019-12-12Rated 5 out of 5 by David from Utah from I’d recommend it. Well made. Solid technology. Easy to use. I’d recommend it. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2019-12-11Rated 5 out of 5 by Joel C from Pro I have two of these now, one at work and one at home. I loved my 1st gen Texas Elite, and finally upgraded at home. The digital display is great. Easy to use and the app app works perfectly. Love cooking low and slow but if you need higher temps it reaches temp quickly and efficiently with pellet use. Having the auger clearing and priming feature is great when using different pellets. Highly recommend this or any other Traeger grill. Thank you.Date published: 2019-12-09Rated 5 out of 5 by BonsaiTree from Traeger Grills: Pro 780 Our purchase of the Pro series 780 was an upgrade from an older Traeger Junior Elite. The excellent customer service at Traeger figured prominently in our decision to buy another Traeger. Great grills and even better customer service.Date published: 2019-12-09Rated 2 out of 5 by Rob St from An okay smoker I’ve owned the Pro 780 for about six months now. The smoker overall does an ok job cooking. I have found that the variance in temperature is quite great inside the smoke chamber. You really have to monitor the cook if and move the meats around to ensure even cooking. I have smoked ribs, chicken, butts, pastrami and bacon and have had to rotate things every time. I currently have two 3 lb pork loins smoking for Canadian bacon. After 2 hours at 225 one is sitting at 145 and the other at 133. They are side by side in the smoker. Also I do not feel the smoke level is very good. I’ve smoked on stick burners for years and this does not compare to the smoke flavor and bark produced in a traditional stick smoker. My son-in-law owns the Timberline 850. That smoker produces a final product much closer to a traditional stick burner. I wish I had spent the additional money and purchased one of those.Date published: 2019-12-06