Traeger Ironwood 885 Grill
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Salt Lake City-based Traeger Grills redefined outdoor cooking with the convection-based Original Wood Pellet Grill. Using a combination of natural hardwood pellets and the precision of digital technology, Traeger grills offer the cooking versatility of a traditional oven with the delicious wood-fired flavor of an outdoor barbecue. The Ironwood D2 885 is one of the newest additions to the Traeger grill family, boasting innovative features like 6-in-1 functionality, WiFIRE digital control from your smartphone and a Super Smoke mode.
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including wood dust, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer, and carbon monoxide which are known to the State of California to cause birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.p65warnings.ca.gov.
- WiFIRE digital controller allows you to set and adjust temperatures and monitor cooking from your smartphone.
- Designed with 6-in-1 functionality to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise and barbecue with consistent results.
- Built-in main rack plus upper rack provide ample cooking surface.
- Double-wall stainless-steel interior helps maintain even temperature and keep smoke inside.
- Plug-in outlet required.
- Assembly required if Standard UPS delivery is selected.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 26" x 53" x 47" high (with hood down); 885-sq.-inch cooking surface.
- 20-lb.-cap. pellet hopper
- 8' power cord.
- 172 lb.
- Made in China.
- Meat probe monitors internal meat temperature so you don't need to open lid of grill.
- Super Smoke mode lets you infuse meat with extra smoke flavor before or after cooking.
- Stainless-steel front and side racks provide convenient prep space and a place to set tools.
- Includes meat probe storage.
- Sawhorse-style base has flared legs for extra stability.
- Substantial side-lift bar provides secure grip and even weight distribution for transportation.
- All-terrain wheels enable grill to roll easily over all types of surfaces.
- Pellet hopper clean-out allows you to change pellets on the fly.
- 3-year warranty.
WiFIRE App Information
- Uses Wi-Fi network to connect grill to Traeger App via cloud servers.
- Change temperature, increase smoke and set timers from anywhere.
- Access 1000+ recipes, from wood-fired pizza to BBQ brisket.
- Custom cook cycles let you track and adjust times and temperatures throughout grilling process to achieve consistent results with every meal.
- Delivers precise, consistent temperature +/-15°F from 165°F to a searing 500°F.
- Use & Care
- Assembly required if Standard UPS delivery is selected.
- Designed for use with Traeger Grills hardwood pellets only. A 10-lb. bag of Traeger Barbecue Pellets will last for at least five uses of the grill. On high, the grill uses 2 lb. of pellets per hour. On medium, 1 lb. per hour and on smoke, 1/2 lb. per hour.
- After each use, clean drip tray with hot soapy water or oven-style cleaning product.
- After each use, wipe down grease splatters on grill exterior. Use a designated stainless-steel cleaner to clean and polish exterior surfaces.
- To clean the grill grates, while the grill is still hot, dip a brush with brass bristles in hot water and scrub to remove charred residue.
- Allow grill to cool and dry thoroughly before covering.
White Glove Delivery
Please allow two to three weeks for delivery. This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Item arrives fully assembled and in one piece by our in-home delivery with White Glove service. We'll call you in advance to schedule a delivery time, then bring the item into your home, unpack and inspect it, perform simple assembly and dispose of all packaging material. Delivery is by appointment, Monday – Saturday; our delivery service will call to arrange a day. Available in the 48 contiguous states. White Glove Delivery does not include connecting the grill to a natural gas line or propane tank. Please call 877.812.6235 for additional assistance.
Standard UPS Delivery
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within one to two weeks. Assembly required for Standard UPS delivery. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
With Unlimited Flat Rate Furniture & Freight Delivery, an unlimited number of eligible furniture and select non-furniture items in your order can be delivered for a single flat rate. The exact shipping charges, are based on your shipping location and will be applied during checkout.
All items not shipped via unlimited flat-rate delivery fee will incur a shipping surcharge, but no additional delivery fees. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Oversized, very heavy items that ship unlimited flat rate will also incur a delivery surcharge. This additional charge is listed with the product price on the product detail page and also in the shopping cart.
Our products are designed with your comfort and style in mind. Made-to-order items (as marked) are not returnable but may be cancelled only within 24 hours of order placement. We cannot accept cancellations or returns on monogrammed items. Should your item arrive damaged or with a defect, please contact us at 877.812.6235 within 7 days so that we may arrange for a replacement. Frames and springs are warranted to be free of manufacturing defects for the product’s life, subject to the following conditions: warranty applies only to original owner and normal residential use. Defects resulting from negligence, abuse or use in a commercial, hospitality or other non-residential setting are not covered. For warranty service, call 877.812.6235.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Flawless! Was kinda hesitant because of wifire issues on other reviews. I put it together in my living room it connected in about 30 seconds took it outside and seasoned it it is super cold out about 18 degrees and it got right up to temperature and stayed even got above 500 up to 510 haven't cooked on it yet but will updateDate published: 2019-11-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Ironwood 650 first pellet smoker We decided upon the new Ironwood 650 for our first pellet smoker. I’ve always had a huge desire to learn how to smoke delicious meat but lack the time to operate and babysit a traditional smoker. Traeger’s new for 2019 features and the new Ironwood model was a perfect fit. Assembly was easy and seasoning the grill was a cinch. Our first smoke was a beef brisket. Used a recipe from the Traeger app. Was blown away with how simple it was and the fantastic results! We started searching for recipes all over the internet. Found a great recipe for pork shoulder “Boston Butt” for pulled pork on Heygrillhey and produced the best pulled pork I’ve ever eaten! Have produced over a dozen more since. Usually smoke two at a time which doesn’t add much time to the smoke. We save the pulled pork with our food saver in 1-2 lbs packages and currently have over 60 lbs in the freezer for easy meals going forward. We usually start the smoke around 7 pm and it finishes around 10 am the following day. The meat needs to rest wrapped in tinfoil for about 60-90 minutes in a cooler and is ready for a noon meal. Other reviewers state that you need a strong WiFi signal which we found to be true. We had to purchase a network extender to boost our signal to the deck where the Traeger is located. Once we solved that issue, the WiFi app is amazing! It’s fun to monitor the progress on the grill. We use the probe all the time and have had no issues. We calibrated the probe per the instructions and it works flawlessly. We constantly check it with a high end grilling probe and they are within 5* of each other when inserted into the same hole. My only complaint is that the Ironwood 650 only has a single probe. We usually montitor multiple roasts with our handheld probe while the Traeger probe gives a current status at all times. Maintenance is easy! Our app sends us great recipes and also a care/use guidelines which we follow regularly. We store our grill using a genuine Traeger cover which is of very high quality. Also purchased a drumstick/wing rack and haven’t used it yet but hope to soon! We use Traeger pellets and have noticed nice changes in flavor profiles when switching pellets. Our favorites have been the pecan or apple wood for pork and hickory for beef. Grilling steaks and burgers with the reverse sear has had mediocre results. I guess I’m accustomed to the beautiful high temp searing from my Big Green Egg. Ribeye steaks seared on the Traeger have more of a prime rib roast flavor and texture that melt in your mouth but lack the charred outside sear I crave. I’ll probably stick to my Egg for grilling steaks and burgers per my personal preference. Overall, we LOVE our Traeger Ironwood! The downdraft smoke with the thin blue smoke produces exactly as advertised. We hope it lasts many many years and continues to wow our family and friends with spectacular results. Highly recommend this smoker and all Traeger products!Date published: 2019-11-10Rated 5 out of 5 by Brandon L from Hands down worth the upgrade I’ve owned a couple different grills to include a Green Mountain Grill, propane, and charcoal. I recently upgraded from an older model Traeger to the Ironwood 885. It’s literally amazing the difference between the two. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t hesitate to make the purchase. If you’re thinking about getting this grill...do it. [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]Date published: 2019-11-06Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from ironwood 885 5 star i had this ironwood 885 for4 months all can say is this the best dam grill ive ever had ive cooked 7 briskets 4pork butts ribs chicken ect have peaple telling i need to sale food its so GOOD buy it dont be scaredDate published: 2019-11-06Rated 5 out of 5 by Cweb from CWeb If you don’t have a Traeger than you are doing it all wrong.Date published: 2019-10-24Rated 5 out of 5 by Rob7 from Easy BBQ at the ranch. I own a 1300 Timberline and love it. We decided we needed a Traeger at our family ranch. The Ironwood 885 is the perfect size for our whole family. It makes bbq so easy. The old offset smoker is the only family member that may be disappointed!Date published: 2019-10-17Rated 5 out of 5 by Patrick Carey from Outstanding!! My wife bought me the 650 after I would not shut up about it. I smoked a ribeye and a brisket the first week and both were amazing! I love the app and I can't wait to try out more of the recipes.Date published: 2019-10-16Rated 5 out of 5 by Oceanside Gary from Best Traeger EVER!! I have Traeger grills for over 10 years and have owned several models in that time. I have to say the Ironwood is by far the best one I have ever had. You can’t go wrong with this.Date published: 2019-10-06