Throwback The Big Freeze Hawaiian Ice Shaver
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through July 22. Learn More
Hawaiian shaved ice, anyone? Fun for parties and barbecues, the Big Freeze is a heavy-duty ice shaver that produces fine, light, fluffy-textured snow to make all your favorite icy treats. Simply add ice cubes to enjoy snow cones, frozen drinks, slushies, yogurt freezes, milkshakes, breakfast smoothies and energy drinks in minutes.
- Powerful 250-watt motor turns ice into fluffy snow in seconds.
- Dispenses directly into a cup or cone.
- Uses standard freezer-made ice cubes.
- Large-capacity ice chamber can produce up to 5 snow cones in 30 seconds.
- Add favorite flavored syrups or fresh fruit juices to snow cones or drinks.
- Create fun rainbow drinks and cones by combining layers of flavors and colors.
- Includes 4 BPA-free reusable plastic cones, 12 paper cones, a 4-cone stand, stainless-steel snow cone shaper and drip tray.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11" x 10 1/2" x 15 1/4" high.
- Ice chamber holds approx. 32 large ice cubes or 3 1/2 cups of small ice cubes.
- 10 lb. 14 oz.
- Model #60048.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada, and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in China.
- Quick and easy one-touch operation.
- LED lights illuminate when unit is in use.
- For use only with ice cubes made from water.
- Side handles make it easy to transport to parties.
- Nonslip feet add stability.
- Removable drip tray for easy cleaning.
- Heavy-duty, durable plastic construction.
- All parts that come into contact with food are BPA free.
- Use & Care
- WARNING: To avoid injuries, never insert fingers, cleaning rags or towels into the ice chamber.
- Since only ice made from water should be used in the unit, minimal cleaning should be required.
- Wipe the clear lid, removable snow guide and ice chamber dry with a soft cloth (do not try drying close to the blades). Always leave the lid open for a few hours after use so the inside of the unit can dry completely. Never close the lid and put the unit away when it is still wet.
- If syrup or juice gets on any the part of the unit, use warm soapy water with mild detergent on a soft cloth to clean, then wipe dry.
- Plastic cones, snow shaper and snow guide are top-rack dishwasher safe.
- Hand-wash cone stand and drip tray in warm, soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Wipe housing and nonslip feet with a clean, soft, dry cloth. Do not scour surfaces with steel wool or use abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Mika from Battery operated Do you have to plug it into a socket or can you use batteriesDate published: 2019-06-10Rated 3 out of 5 by Melissie from Pretty Disappointing, Actually I have been looking for a real shaved ice machine for years and was so excited to find this. It has gotten such good reviews and it seemed so promising, i really , really wanted it. My husband bought it for e for my birthday and I just tried it. It is not an ice shaver. It is an ice grinder. What you get is not light-as air fluffy shaved ice, but crunchy crushed ice like a Sno-cone. If that's what you want, it's great. it's easy to use, powerful and pretty. But it is NOT a Hawaiian Ice Shaver and it is misleading to name it as such. I'll still use it for snow cones but it's not what I was hoping it would be.Date published: 2018-08-22Rated 5 out of 5 by Jcrowe from BEst snowcone machine ever! I bought this for a backyard kids’ camp, and it has been fantastic. It takes about two secnds to make each cone (great when you have a line of kids), has a powerful motor, and the ice is the perfect powder for snow cones. Wonderful that you can use regular ice cubes, i stead of having to freeze a specifc disc-shape, like most machines, so you can make snowcones whenever you want. Huge hit at camp, and we look forward to trying out some Adult Snow Cones too!Date published: 2018-08-21Rated 5 out of 5 by trtceo from This mahichine is AWESOME!!!!! After renting a snow cone machine for a street party, we found it pretty disappointing, so we started the hunt to purchase our own. After doing some research, I am SOOOOO HAPPY that we decided on this one!! We LOVE this machine!! Cranks out fluffy, light snow super fast!! The shaved ice also really holds on the syrup / liquid you drizzle over it, so it doesn't all go to the bottom of your cone. ((GREAT FOR ADULT SNOW CONES TOO!!)) Also love that I can use the ice right from my own ice-maker!! And....if you make your own syrups or puree's, you can control the sugar that gets used, so you can actually have a healthy fun dessert. SUPER HAPPY with this machine and cant wait to have a party!!!Date published: 2018-08-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Anneglory from Enjoy the machine and love WS I purchased this machine. It is fun and makes great slushes and frozen drinks. But when my machine arrived the plastic spout was missing. All I wanted was the part as I loved the machine. I contacted WS and they immediately ordered me a replacement and provided documents to return at no cost to me. The item was on back order. They notified me and kept me updated. What a pleasure to deal with such professional courteous people. Thank you WS.Date published: 2018-07-09Rated 5 out of 5 by David from Fun for Everyone This product will bring smiles and fun to everyone. And it's sleek, classy look goes great with my kitchen and other appliances, too! It produces nice, fluffy shaved ice that is great for snow cones and slushies! I would definitely recommend this product to anyone with children or lovers of shaved ice!Date published: 2017-12-14Rated 4 out of 5 by Bpage from Fast and Fun This machine is really cool and fun to play with! My kids loved the snow cones and it mad them super fast. Only downfall is it is heavy....Date published: 2017-12-08Rated 5 out of 5 by Steve from Even fun for adults! I bought the ice shaver in preparation for a friend's party. I wanted to bring something different and I thought that alcoholic snow cones would be fun - and I was right, they were a hit! This thing is fast so we were able to make all of the cones faaaaast. We had the ice in the sink and this fit on the counter right next to it, so it was a pretty easy process, we actually had to go out to get more ice haha.Date published: 2017-12-05