The Grinch Cake
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
The Grinch took the Whos' feast, he took the Who pudding, he took the "roast beast," and now he's hauling it back atop our exclusive Grinch® cake. Baked from scratch by our friends at Florida's We Take the Cake, it features four layers of award-winning Dutch chocolate cake frosted with snowy vanilla buttercream. A red buttercream border frames a sugar paper image featuring original artwork from Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
- 6" diam., 4" high (serves 8–10).
- 2 lb. 8 oz.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. To remove the cake from the box, unfold the box so that the front panel lies flat and you can slide the cake out of the box with ease. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To avoid color changes in the decorated image, keep the cake in its box, out of direct light, while bringing to room temperature.
- To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Chocolate Cake: All-purpose flour, butter, trans-fat–free vegetable shortening, sugar, cocoa powder, natural vanilla, whole buttermilk, fresh eggs, baking powder, salt.
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting: Cream cheese, cocoa powder, powdered sugar, whole milk, salt, vanilla.
- Vanilla Buttercream: Butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, salt, red food coloring.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping. We do not ship perishable items outside the contiguous 48 states or P.O. Boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.