Sticky Toffee Pudding
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Made according to an old recipe from a family in England's Lake District, this much-loved, luscious dessert is pure poetry. The "pudding" is actually a light, moist sponge cake enriched with sweet dates and drenched with sticky toffee—a rich, buttery caramel sauce. To serve, pour the included sauce over the uncut cake and allow to steep, then heat and enjoy.
- 1-lb. 2-oz. sheet pudding ; 12 oz. sticky toffee sauce.
- Serves 4–6.
- Shipped fresh.
- Use & Care
- The pudding is shipped at room temperature; refrigerate or freeze upon receipt. It keeps 1 month refrigerated, unopened, 6 months frozen. The sticky toffee sauce keeps 8 months at room temperature, unopened. Refrigerate the sauce after opening, where it will keep for 10 weeks. The sauce may separate if kept for an extended period of time; simply stir before using.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the sticky toffee sauce, stirring constantly, until warmed through, 2–3 minutes. Remove the cardboard foil lid from the pudding container and pour the sauce over the pudding. For best results, do this 1–2 days in advance to allow the pudding to fully absorb the sauce. After pouring on the sauce, carefully replace the lid on the pudding container and refrigerate.
- To Heat in the Oven: To heat the entire pudding, preheat an oven to 350°F. Place the sauce-soaked pudding, still in its container, on a baking sheet and heat until warmed through, 10–12 minutes. Cut the pudding into 4–6 slices, transfer to individual dessert plates and spoon the remaining sauce over the slices. To heat individual portions, preheat an oven to 200ºF. Place the slices in an ovenproof dish and heat until the sauce pools around the cake, about 6 minutes.
- To Heat in the Microwave: Place slices of cold sauce-soaked pudding on individual dessert plates. Heat at 20-second intervals until the sauce coats the pudding and pools on the plate, about 40 seconds for one-sixth of the cake. If desired, top slices of pudding with vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream and garnish with fresh mint sprigs. Serves 4–6.
- sugar, dates (dates, dextrose), enriched unbleached flour (wheat flour niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), whole eggs, butter (pasteurized cream, salt), cream (cream, carrageenan), pure vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, potato starch)
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Azgram from Excellent dessert!!! We have had sticky toffee pudding many times in England. This was as good as we can remember having there. All four guests licked their plates. I would order it again in a minute.Date published: 2016-01-26Rated 5 out of 5 by Xshelerator from Quite Tasty This is such a delicious version of sticky toffee pudding. I like being able to put the toffee on myself as I put less on part of it because my husband doesn't like it sweet.Date published: 2016-01-06Rated 5 out of 5 by superstarbarbie from My Holiday Must Have I have ordered this Sticky Toffee Pudding previous holidays, it is one of the best desserts... A moist Date flavored cake served with the warm sauce is an absolute Holiday must have in our home, so worth the wait and price ! I wish WS would offer this over a longer period of time on lineDate published: 2015-11-20Rated 5 out of 5 by MomMomT from Delicious!! This was our first time to try this pudding and our family thoroughly enjoyed it! Delicious, moist, and the sticky toffee sauce is incredible! This is bound to become one of our family's holiday favorites!!Date published: 2012-12-26Rated 5 out of 5 by QualityFoodOnly from Just like the real thing this is it, just like what I've enjoyed inEngland. Keep including it it your winter catalogue.Date published: 2012-11-06Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Toffee Pudding quality toffee easy to prepare and well presented a great giftDate published: 2012-01-04