Staub Cast-Iron Oval Gratin Baking Dish
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $25 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card. Learn More
Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. Perfect for baking hearty gratins, crisps and casseroles, this French favorite is designed to deliver a crispy brown crust atop an evenly cooked dish.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Red, Sapphire Blue, Basil, Graphite and Emerald color selections feature a multicoat enameling to create a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Matte Black selection features multi-coat enameling with a low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface resulting in better browning.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 1/2" Gratin: 9 1/2" x 7" x 1 3/4" high; 1-qt. cap.; 3 lb. 3 oz.
- 12 1/2" Gratin: 12 1/2" x 9" x 2 3/4" high; 2 1/4-qt. cap.; 7 lb. 4 oz.
- 14" Gratin: 15" x 11" x 2 1/4" high; 4-qt. cap.; 7 lb. 8 oz
- Smooth enameled base compatible with all cooktops, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Designed for oven-to-table presentation.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pans slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot, soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CooksinCT from Perfect versatility! LOVE this gratin dish. I have several in 3 different sizes, in different colors. I absolutely love this dish. First of all, it is beautiful. It retains heat well. I found that I love to sear on stove top and finish in the oven. I use it to cook and re-heat vegetables, roast meat, mac&cheese, baked dips. Use it for all crumbles, and other baked desserts, pot pies, etc. Great to cook and serve - so beautiful. Easy to clean. I nest them for storage.Date published: 2017-01-13Rated 5 out of 5 by NOLAartist from Excellent piece from Staub! I ordered the red to match some of my other Staub pieces and it's beautiful! I haven't yet used this for gratins but have used numerous times for sauteed fish - my primary reason for purchasing. I've cooked fresh fish all my life and can't believe how much easier it is with an oval pan. That the pan is a nice heavy cast iron with a beautiful red enameled exterior and cleans up like a breeze, makes cooking a pleasure!Date published: 2016-07-27Rated 5 out of 5 by pocahontas from Staub Gratin Baking Dish Absolutely love this gratin baking dish. I have been baking all my vegetables in it. At first I thought it was too small (the 11"); but there are only two of us at home now; but I baked a whole bunch of carrots to take to dinner at my daughter's and it fit them all. I am thinking of getting one more gratin dish; the larger one.Date published: 2016-01-06Rated 5 out of 5 by TaiTai from You can't go wrong here This cast iron baking dish is fantastic. Its a versatile dish. Can be used for making gratin recipes, roasted vegetables, breakfast casseroles, baked fish and more. The cast iron creates a nice crunchy crust. Its a beautiful dish that can be served from oven to table. I have the garnet color and I bought the blue one for my daughter. So chic and clean-up is EASY too!Date published: 2015-12-26Rated 5 out of 5 by Linja from Excellent For Reheating In The Toaster Oven I have all three sizes of Staub Gratin dishes. They are beautiful, have a nice heft without being overly heavy and clean up well. The 2 smaller sizes fit and work well for baking and reheating leftovers in the Toaster oven. The larger size is great for baking potato dishes and smaller whole squash in the oven. To store... I cut a piece of 5/8" packing foam and used it between each dish when nesting them together. This helps keep them from rubbing and holds each high enough to see each of the three colors. Now they look great on top of the refrigerator and are very accessible. Great quality in a throw away world.Date published: 2015-11-23Rated 5 out of 5 by imeldasue from Another quality product from Staub I ordered the gratin baking dish in graphite which is very attractive. I baked two servings of potatoes gratin filling the dish about 1/4. I feared the dish may be too big but the potatoes cooked evenly and did not burn. The dish cleaned easily.Date published: 2015-11-22Rated 5 out of 5 by jan1234 from Beautiful! This is a lovely looking completely functional pan. It delivers on all Staub promises and more.Date published: 2015-09-27Rated 5 out of 5 by DarkDreamingDoll from Perfect Golden Brown Mac-N-Cheese Staub cast iron is the best, growing up with a mom that had a Staub, I've eaten so many meals out of I had to put Staub on my Wedding Registry. I revived this Gratin Dish as a wedding gift. I've made scalped potatoes(My Great Grandma Bunnell's recipe) and Mac-N-Cheese(My Great Grandma Huggin's recipe) in this pan. Both dishes browned-up perfectly and cleaned out like a dream.Date published: 2013-05-09