Staub Petite French Oven, White with Copper Knob
- Only at Williams Sonoma
- Free Fast Shipping
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
This Staub cocotte boasts the striking combination of a glossy white enamel finish topped with a brilliant copper knob. This petite French oven is perfect for cooking small quantities of rice, thanks to a textured lid interior that circulates moisture. It's also great for simmering individual portions of soups and stews, or for baking a fruit cobbler for two.
- 1 1/2-qt. cap.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Multicoat enameling creates a glossy white "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a textured surface that results in better browning.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid's interior funnel evaporated juices directly back down to food for more even basting.
- Solid copper lid knob.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 1 1/2-qt. cap.
- 4 1/2" diam., 6 1/2" high.
- 7 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pan slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot, soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 5 out of 5 by jenninsd from Gorgeous AND practical! I purchased this mainly to cook rice in. Not only does it cook rice perfectly, it's also great for oatmeal, etc. Very useful and great to look at!Date published: 2018-01-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Gisele from What a delightful little pot! I just bought this and I find myself cooking things just for this pot! It is excellent for homemade baked beans, rice, stewing veggies and soups. It is the perfect size for two people and helps us make just enough without waste! It is much lighter weight that the big dutch ovens and thus easier to lift and handle. It fits nicely on the fourth burner and it is pretty.Date published: 2017-12-30Rated 5 out of 5 by Cupcake808 from Love this little pot! I’ve been wanting to add a white piece to my staub collection and bought this as soon as I noticed it online. We eat rice pretty much daily and I’ve been swapping out our zoji for this pot. My husband thinks I’m nuts for “wasting my time” with stovetop rice when we have an expensive rice cooker, but I swear the texture of the rice - we use short grain - is so much better. I’ve also used it to reheat smaller portions of soup. The only downside is that the copper knob does require some attention to keep it looking nice. Overall, a great piece to own, especially if you can get it when staub is participating in a sale.Date published: 2017-12-29
I check back on this item periodically. After 6mos of checking, this item hasn’t been available although it is listed as “in stock” it becomes “no longer available and removed from the cart” at checkout. Can someone from customer service help me order it?Hi April, Our sincerest apologies as we're unable to assist you in placing an order for this petite oven. We are out of stock of this item. It will not come back in stock as we're exiting this item from our assortment.Date published: 2019-11-10
Can this knob be interchanged with other Staub knobs? Can I switch out this knob onto other Staub pieces?The animal knobs are interchangeable on the larger vessels only. The mini petite will not support the larger knobs.Date published: 2019-10-05