Staub Cast-Iron Essential Oval Oven
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with superior performance, style and durability. Equipped with a glass lid, this spacious, oval-shaped pot offers a large cooking surface with high sides to catch spatters – an ideal combination for frying, sautéing and searing as well as braising and slow simmering.
- 4-1/4 qt. cap.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Color selections feature multicoat enameling to create a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Enamel coasting is resistant to rust, chipping and cracking and, unlike traditional cast iron, requires no additional seasoning.
- Matte-black enamel interiors contain traces of quartz that increase heat resistance and create a textured surface that improves browning.
- Glass lid offers a view of cooking progress while sealing in moisture.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11"L x 9"W x 4"H (5 3/4" high with lid).
- 14 1/2"L with handles.
- 4 1/4-qt. cap.
- 11 lb. 8 oz.
- Made in France.
- Compatible with all cooktops, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Two side handles accommodate oven mitts to bring the piping-hot dish to the table for serving.
- Lid knob is made of nickel-plated brass.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Oven and broiler safe to 500˚F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring your pan slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use a potholder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot, soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- Price Match Guarantee
Williams Sonoma Price Match Guarantee
At Williams Sonoma, we're committed to bringing you the best quality at the best prices.
If you find a lower price on any of our products, we'll match it—guaranteed. Click here for details.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carolyn from Staub Essential Pan I bought this Staub pan earlier this year and love it!Date published: 2018-07-18Rated 5 out of 5 by KrlyQ from Beautiful and Versatile I purchased this product late last year and I am very pleased with it. I was initially struck by its weight and its beauty. It is also VERY versatile. I've used it to roast a chicken, slow cook a beef roast and fry chicken. I couldn't be happier with this purchase.Date published: 2017-07-05Rated 5 out of 5 by cathy101662 from Great pan! I am very happy with this pan. I purchased this on a W-S special-offer price - and it is a winner. Have several Staub pieces - love this brand and their high quality. What I appreciate about this pan is the clear lid, the weight (not too heavy), and the overall size and shape is just right for a good go-to everyday pan. Easy clean-up. And it's pretty - it stays out on my cook top. Highly recommend.Date published: 2016-12-08Rated 5 out of 5 by vallecitolakegirl from Love my new pan I was so happy to get this new oval oven at such a great price. I absolutely love it, and it is the right size for my small family. The Grenadine color is gorgeous, and I am keeping it out on my stove for the holidays. Wonderful quality and purchaseDate published: 2016-12-06
Could the glass lid go into oven and withstand high temperature?The Cocotte is oven safe up to 572F, the lid up to 400FDate published: 2019-06-03