Staub Cast-Iron Essential French Oven, Cochon Design
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Embellished with a pig design on the lid, Staub's self-basting French oven is perfect for slow-cooking succulent pork roasts. You'll also love it for soups, stews, tagines and risotto, as well as classics like coq au vin. With the depth of a sauté pan and the curved sides of a skillet, this essential pan is a kitchen mainstay and a symbol of French culinary heritage.
- 3 3/4-qt. cap.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Innovative domed Chistera lid has interior spikes that promote self-basting to keep food moist.
- Lid is adorned with embossed pig design and nickel-plated brass knob.
- Multicoat enameling creates glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, coating requires no additional seasoning like traditional cast-iron pieces.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9 1/2" diam., 4 1/4" high (5 3/4" high with lid).
- 3 3/4-qt. cap.
- 10 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- Specially formulated matte-black enamel interior contains traces of quartz, providing additional heat resistance and rough surface for better browning.
- Smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Heavyweight lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- No seasoning required; for best results, use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pan slowly to high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking pot for a few minutes in hot, soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Pammy from Great French Oven I purchased this item, online, a few weeks ago. It is beautiful. It arrived in perfect condition. I love the color. It is weighty but I expected it would. Could not be happier with this purchase.Date published: 2019-03-04Rated 2 out of 5 by Kateny from Beautiful staub piece but disappointed I like shopping at William Sonoma because they carry a lot of good stuff and I love staub. I was excited to add another staub piece to my kitchen but it came damaged as seen in the picture. I think that’s the reason why it was on final sale. It would have been nice if there were warnings about defects and damage.Date published: 2019-02-23