Staub Cast-Iron Braiser with Glass Lid
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Earn $50 in reward dollars4 for every $500 spent on your Williams Sonoma Credit Card through July 22. Learn More
Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. Ideal for braising and slow-cooking, this versatile, attractive pan transitions seamlessly from the oven to the table. The glass lid fits snugly to retain heat and moisture while allowing you to monitor food.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface that results in better browning.
- Multicoat enameling creates a glossy, vibrantly colored majolique finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like standard cast-iron pieces.
- Glass lid with stainless-steel handle provides tight seal that locks in moisture, ensuring tender, juicy results.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2-qt. cap.
- 12" diam., 15 1/4" long with handles, 5 1/2" high with lid.
- 11 lb. with lid.
- Made in France.
- Durable enameled finish resists rust, chipping and cracking.
- Requires no seasoning.
- Heat-resistant, stainless-steel handle on lid is easy to grasp.
- Large loop cast-iron handles on braiser provide secure, comfortable grip, even when you're wearing oven mitts.
- Heat-retaining cast iron keeps food warm at the table.
- Compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- Grill and freezer safe.
- For best results, use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pan slowly to high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against hard surfaces.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holders or gloves when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Highergear from Worth the investment Bought this 3 months ago, to be honest questioned the purchase, but after making several dishes really does a great job of caramelizing meats such as short ribs, beef shanks, and chicken thighs; do not have to add oil, the black surface is seasoned thus making more healthy meals. The glass lid does not fog and it is easy to clean. My new favorite braising pan.Date published: 2019-02-25Rated 5 out of 5 by Hearthlight from Super multi-functional piece. Beautiful pan. Easy to clean and versatile. I especially like the double handles and the glass lid makes it possible to just glance over and know what is going on. I have made casseroles, pastas, fried eggs, and a plethora of other dishes in this. Warning: Staub is addictive. I find myself smiling when I cook with a Staub piece (I have several now). Pricey but worth it. These are pieces I will pass on to other cooks in the family. By the way, Williams-Sonoma has great customer service and prices.Date published: 2019-01-30Rated 5 out of 5 by Beth95 from I am sold! Worth the hype. We remodeled our kitchen and put in an induction range, and had to replace all our hodgepodge starter cookware. After much research, I wanted to try Staub, and bought this pan as a tester. It ended up being the only pan we had for the first two weeks after our remodel, and I fell in love! Cooked everything from scrambled eggs to searing and then baking a steak, to stir fries, etc. everything cooked beautifully, and the pan did not need seasoning and was easy to clean with a good soak and a soft dishcloth. The sapphire color is as gorgeous as everyone says, as well. Can’t wait to add a cocotte!Date published: 2018-04-14
What's the difference between this Cast-Iron Braiser with Glass Lid and the Universal Deluxe Pan (besides the size)?Hi Queen, The Universal Deluxe Pan has straighter sides while the Braiser with Glass Lid has more rounded sides and is a bit shallower and wider.Date published: 2019-02-10