Staub Cast-Iron Dutch Oven, 4-Qt.
Easy, hassle-free returns online and in-store for eligible items.Learn More
Cast iron’s unparalleled ability to retain heat makes this oven a great choice for slow cooking homemade chili or a hearty stew. Staub’s innovative enamel coating takes cooking with cast iron to the next level with improved performance, style and durability.
- Color selections feature glossy multi-coat enameling that ensures strength and heat resistance and creates a vibrantly colored “majolique” finish similar in appearance to fine ceramic for oven-to-table presentation.
- Matte Black selection features multi-coat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- The specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a textured surface that results in better browning.
- The smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops including induction.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid’s interior funnel evaporated juices directly back down on top of the food for more even basting.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Lid knob on Red is made of nickel-plated brass; lid knob on Black Matte is brass.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4 Quart: 9 1/4” x 4” high, 10 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction; not recommended for glass stove tops.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pans slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot, soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 3–5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $26 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m. ET Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners and knife storage), please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Returns Policy.
- More about Staub
Staub traces its origin to the Alsace region of France, where founder Francis Staub designed his first enameled pot while working in an old French artillery factory in 1974. With the goal of creating the perfect pot for cooking the region’s traditional hearty soups, stews and braises, he combined cast iron, the most popular material of the time, with the latest enameling technology available. Today, Staub still makes its cookware at a traditional atelier in France, casting each pot in an individual sand mold, which is heated to 800°F and destroyed after use. The exterior enamel coating is made with glass powder and mineral pigments, applied in two or three coats to generate brilliant glossy colors.
Rated 5 out of 5 by MisplacedMagnolia from a work horse I bought this 4 months ago and its in use at least 3 times a week. Making rice, braising meet, mac and cheese, bone broth.. there is nothing is cannot do.Date published: 2019-08-30Rated 5 out of 5 by RJay from Great addition. This was an excellent addition to my kitchen. I love the color and the equal distribution of heat and versatility it provides.Date published: 2019-08-24Rated 4 out of 5 by kumai from Great Dutch Oven Bought this Dutch Oven about four years ago and continue to use it on average once per week. It's heavy, gorgeous and allows to finish cooking in the oven beautifully. It washes well (I only hand wash it) and is healthy to cook in - no non-stick surface. I took one star off as the lid knob became a bit loose over time. Still, I highly recommend it!Date published: 2019-05-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Buddy from Well made durable Dutch Oven Smaller sized Dutch oven that comes in handy for cooking smaller sized items like polenta (cook in the oven for one hour - no stirring), braised short ribs for two, pot of beans - 1 to 2 cups of beans and soups (split pea, wow). Heavy for its size, cleans easily, nice tight fitting lid, love the red color and black interior. Handy pot when you need it.Date published: 2019-05-17Rated 1 out of 5 by AG123 from Really poor after a few uses After just a dozen or so uses, the non stick has become quite sticky and the inside sides are discolored. Really poor, not worth it.Date published: 2019-03-31Rated 5 out of 5 by Lenora from Excellent cocotte I am a professionally trained chef and have used many cast iron ovens. This one is my favourite! I christened it by making a boeuf bourguignon in it. I love the way I can brown the meat straight in the oven and don't need to use a second pan. This is a quality product, I am very happy with the self basting feature.Date published: 2019-02-21Rated 5 out of 5 by Atevington from Great heat retention This pot heats quickly and retains that heat well. The lid’s design ensures that moisture from the cooking food returns to the food. Clean-up is easy with the enameled coating.Date published: 2019-02-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Statsman from Perfect size Staub colors are always rich and elegant, and Cherry is a beautiful, addition to my color-filled collection. But the 4 quart size is why I bought this round cocotte — it accommodates an ideal quantity for a small family meal or entertaining our next-door neighbors. Perfect size... perfectly Staub!Date published: 2019-02-11
Guess I should have asked this in my previous question....can thiS pot and cover be placed empty in a 400 to 500 degree oven.....safely.? I want to try the no knead recipe but am worried that the pot will be damaged.....Hi Calsie, This is oven safe up to 500°F. It should be fine for you to do a no knead recipe in it, which asks for the Dutch oven to be preheated in a 450°F oven for 30 minutes.Date published: 2019-02-24
Can this be used for the no knead bread recipe?Hi Calsie, Yes, you can use this dutch oven for a no-knead bread recipe.Date published: 2019-02-22
Is the turquoise more green as pictured or is it more blue like I'm seeing at other retailers?Hi invisiblegenius, This is more lighter blue than green.Date published: 2018-12-21